Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: advice: firearm attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I'll wager he's buying a house in Pa to establish residency for the purpose of gun buying without actually leaving new jersey.

Im really good at between line reading.
    I'm wagering that his work is done in New Jersey and he's coming this way to vote Democrat.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I can guaranty you it is perfectly legal to move from one state and establish residency in another. It is protected via the Privileges and Immunities Clause. Once a resident of whatever state, and if you aren't prohibited from having(convicted DUI for example), a drivers license is also not an issue - otherwise a state issued photo ID is available.

You generally pay income taxes in the state in which the income is earned(in case you keep a job in NJ). Local income tax policies can vary a little.

Car registration and insurance is for the most part cheap here, so registering your vehicles here would probably save you $.

Any firearm that is legal in NJ would be legal in PA due to PA's lessor laws on the matter. No "gun registration" in PA. No license/permit is require to own, purchase, or keep a firearm. ...only to carry concealed, or in a vehicle, or on public domain in Philly, or statewide during a state of emergency(which we are under). Both PA and NJ have provisions for lawful transporting of firearms between residences when moving.

What else do you need to know?
    Guy has a bit of an attitude...bet he is getting divorced and doesn't want his honey to know of the apartment and all the guns he moved into it...

You handled that well...kudos.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'm wagering that his work is done in New Jersey and he's coming this way to vote Democrat.
    IT WILL WORK THIS TIME!

(Jefferson County)

I'll wager he's buying a house in Pa to establish residency for the purpose of gun buying without actually leaving new jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Guy has a bit of an attitude...bet he is getting divorced and doesn't want his honey to know of the apartment and all the guns he moved into it...

You handled that well...kudos.

Either are possible. It wouldn't be the first time someone here wanted to set up a vacation residence in order to buy guns, while keeping their other residence in the restrictive state(and there is a legal way to do it too). And depending on the type of relationship/split - I wouldn't blame some folks for wanting a good "exit plan" from a whackjob (in)significant other.

However, we could be entirely wrong on the matter. In reality though, moving from a restrictive state to a lessor restrictive state is an easy thing when it comes to guns. Other issues like drivers licenses, formal residency, and vehicle things are pretty much streamlined - {queue=Geico ad}so easy that a caveman could do it{/queue}. Taxes are relatively easy as well as most employer's HR department will make sure withholding go to the correct places. I'm not trying to take money from hard working lawyers, but some things are just simple.

One thing a lawyer should advise on is if the situation is the marital split thing.. Hiding marital assets during a divorce could be legal complication, but again, it might not be what is going on.
    Last edited by knight0334; July 2nd, 2019 at 11:45 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Oh yeah, you and the guy who says I don't need a lawyer, you're both real sharp. You have the entire situation figured out. And how could you not? One of you is a nationally recognized Mind Reader, the other one of the great legal theorists of this century. I'll bet you can both also world class marksmen, NRA certified instructors, and veterans of 'Nam as well.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Newtonian View Post
    Oh yeah, you and the guy who says I don't need a lawyer, you're both real sharp. You have the entire situation figured out. And how could you not? One of you is a nationally recognized Mind Reader, the other one of the great legal theorists of this century. I'll bet you can both also world class marksmen, NRA certified instructors, and veterans of 'Nam as well.
    Yep, and to top it off we're all smart enough to not be cocky when we're asking people for help too.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yep, and to top it off we're all smart enough to not be cocky when we're asking people for help too.
    The attitude was the kicker for me.

Obviously he is wound up tight. Sounded a bit desperate too, although waiting to get ahold of a lawyer now sounds like he might have let the situation go on a little longer than anticipated...I love reading my tarot cards...

NJ has attitude.........shocking

(Centre County)

I going to follow this to see what's going on. He joined almost 6 years ago, has 17 posts, and apparently in 6 years hasn't read anything here on the forum that MIGHT just give him a clue in what to do or who to talk to. And them when someone tries to help he cops an attitude without giving any information that might just help him with his "problem".
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    I going to follow this to see what's going on. He joined almost 6 years ago, has 17 posts, and apparently in 6 years hasn't read anything here on the forum that MIGHT just give him a clue in what to do or who to talk to. And them when someone tries to help he cops an attitude without giving any information that might just help him with his "problem".
    Right,but I don't expect for him to reveal much more if he even returns to this thread.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast