Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default advice: firearm attorney

I'm looking for an attorney in the Philadelphia area who can help with residency and permitting. In other words, a GOOD attorney who specializes in firearms issues in Pennsylvania.

Thanks,

Newtonian
    Last edited by Newtonian; July 2nd, 2019 at 04:03 PM. Reason: forgot something

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: advice: firearm attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Newtonian View Post
    I'm looking for an attorney in the Philadelphia area who can help with residency and permitting. In other words, a GOOD attorney who specializes in firearms issues in Pennsylvania.

Thanks,

Newtonian
    GUNLAWYER aka Phil Kline. He specializes in firearms and firearms related issues. i used him for advice on a Estate, hes an established lawyer here in PA. he posts over on the PA Gun forum which, btw, you should also join. there is a ton of advice and information over there.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/forum.php

(not sure if if its cool to post other forums or not so if its not let me know for next time)

Phil G. Kline
    519 Juniper Street, Quakertown, PA 18951
    (215)538-4444
    gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Last edited by bravo30; July 2nd, 2019 at 04:19 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Just curious, but why would you need an attorney to establish residency? Just buy/rent a place and move, then get a PA drivers license. Once you have that, go apply for a LTCF.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Thanks, Bravo.

(Berks County)

As stated above Phil Kline and Josh Prince are two good options.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

im an idiot. i though i was replying to a thread on the FN-FAL Files lol ... either way, good lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Just curious, but why would you need an attorney to establish residency? Just buy/rent a place and move, then get a PA drivers license. Once you have that, go apply for a LTCF.
    I'm curious too. Are you an attorney? Do you offer free consultations? Have you advised NJ residents on these issues before, including taxes and driver licenses? Do you guarantee any of the greedy SOB jurisdictions will never contest or go after me? Can you guarantee it's all legal? If so, what is your rate?

I'll be happy to explain everything to you!

Quote Originally Posted by bravo30 View Post
    im an idiot. i though i was replying to a thread on the FN-FAL Files lol ... either way, good lawyer
    He actually gave me the name of someone outside of Philly, Jon Mirowitz, with whom I spoke. We're setting something up for later in the month. Thanks to everybody.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Newtonian View Post
    I'm curious too. Are you an attorney? Do you offer free consultations? Have you advised NJ residents on these issues before, including taxes and driver licenses? Do you guarantee any of the greedy SOB jurisdictions will never contest or go after me? Can you guarantee it's all legal? If so, what is your rate?

I'll be happy to explain everything to you!
    I can guaranty you it is perfectly legal to move from one state and establish residency in another. It is protected via the Privileges and Immunities Clause. Once a resident of whatever state, and if you aren't prohibited from having(convicted DUI for example), a drivers license is also not an issue - otherwise a state issued photo ID is available.

You generally pay income taxes in the state in which the income is earned(in case you keep a job in NJ). Local income tax policies can vary a little.

Car registration and insurance is for the most part cheap here, so registering your vehicles here would probably save you $.

Any firearm that is legal in NJ would be legal in PA due to PA's lessor laws on the matter. No "gun registration" in PA. No license/permit is require to own, purchase, or keep a firearm. ...only to carry concealed, or in a vehicle, or on public domain in Philly, or statewide during a state of emergency(which we are under). Both PA and NJ have provisions for lawful transporting of firearms between residences when moving.

What else do you need to know?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I can guaranty you it is perfectly legal to move from one state and establish residency in another. It is protected via the Privileges and Immunities Clause. Once a resident of whatever state, and if you aren't prohibited from having(convicted DUI for example), a drivers license is also not an issue - otherwise a state issued photo ID is available.

You generally pay income taxes in the state in which the income is earned(in case you keep a job in NJ). Local income tax policies can vary a little.

Car registration and insurance is for the most part cheap here, so registering your vehicles here would probably save you $.

Any firearm that is legal in NJ would be legal in PA due to PA's lessor laws on the matter. No "gun registration" in PA. No license/permit is require to own, purchase, or keep a firearm. ...only to carry concealed, or in a vehicle, or on public domain in Philly, or statewide during a state of emergency(which we are under). Both PA and NJ have provisions for lawful transporting of firearms between residences when moving.

What else do you need to know?
    I'll wager he's buying a house in Pa to establish residency for the purpose of gun buying without actually leaving new jersey.

Im really good at between line reading.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast