Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheelgun idea

(Philadelphia County)

Default Wheelgun idea

I want a concealed hammered 7shot 32acp revolver with good extraction, 2-3" barrel, very small max concealability birdshead grip (like taurus m85 no view style)... or... NAA ranger 4shot in 32acp

Load them with underwood cavitators...

Ultimate concealed pocket guns

Question Re: Wheelgun idea

Why .32 ACP and not one of the other .32 'magnum' cartridges that have been introduced and died since the .32 S&W Long?

Because .32 cal wheelguns sell so well?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Wheelgun idea

Ruger LCR in 327 is probably the closet thing out there right now. Only six rounds, but has better ballistics than the 32acp and can use any of the rimmed 32's.

.32 ACP is a semi rimmed semi auto cartridge and while some fire it from a .32 caliber revolver which I would not recommend I don't know of a single revolver currently chambered in it.

There's many reasons why one should NOT fire .32 cap from a .32 caliber chambered revolver and lucky for us it'd all written in this excellent article and video by Lucky Gunner.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/c...in-a-revolver/

(Delaware County)

The new Charter Arms Professional in .32 HR magnum takes 7 rounds but hammer is exposed. Can fire all the .32 variants but as mentioned previously, you're better off firing .32 SW Long than .32acp in a revolver. If you're not married to the revolver idea, you could grab a Zastava M70 in .32 (9+1) or a Keltec P-32 (7+1).
    Last edited by grGuns; July 1st, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    .32 ACP is a semi rimmed semi auto cartridge and while some fire it from a .32 caliber revolver which I would not recommend I don't know of a single revolver currently chambered in it.

There's many reasons why one should NOT fire .32 cap from a .32 caliber chambered revolver and lucky for us it'd all written in this excellent article and video by Lucky Gunner.

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/c...in-a-revolver/
    A modern solid frame .32 revolver is one thing , but I've heard and read people recommend firing .32 ACP ammo in old break-tops!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

I like 32acp because of the small form factor but it is a centerfire cartridge, IMO the underwood cavitator ballistics tests breathed a whole new life into this very popular round from days gone by... the cavitator results show that this caliber is ripe for a rediscovery with new technology. Perfect low recoil, small package, but delivering penetration and respectable wound channel to garner a primary carry role.

I often carry a p32 w 10+1 extended mag w cavitators but have a personal love for wheel guns and a top break would be second kind of cool + functionality

(Philadelphia County)

Just found this, interesting... look at weight and size... https://charterfirearms.com/collecti...ts/model-63270

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    A modern solid frame .32 revolver is one thing , but I've heard and read people recommend firing .32 ACP ammo in old break-tops!
    People are ignorant when it comes to the pressures of different rounds. In the end a .32 acp out of a revolver is most likely going to get shitty grouping and keyholing as compared to the correct .32 caliber it was chambered for.

I don't see a single advantage to this in anyway shape or form other then trying to save a few bucks on the cheaper .32 acp ammunition.

(Bucks County)

I think you would be much better off with that 32 H&R mag than a .32 ACP. Paying $1.50 a shot for a light bullet that gives minimum penetration and only 135 ft pounds of energy doesn't make sense. A 32H&r magnum can give you well over 2X the energy with a heavier bullet and stepping up to a 327 federal mag can give you well over 400 ft lbs with a 100 grain bullet. Either of these with a properly expanding JHP will outperform a 32 ACP in every way.

If you have to use an ACP in a revolver you should be OK but I don't like Underwood's special whiz bang cartridges in an autoloader. I can see all kinds of reliability issues with a light bullet with an extremely odd shaped bullet. And who wants to spend the cost of your pistol in ammo before it is proven to work in your pistol (I would not consider carrying a round unless I know it will shoot hundreds of rounds without jamming)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast