Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheelgun idea

Default Re: Wheelgun idea

Quote Originally Posted by bugout View Post
    I like 32acp because of the small form factor but it is a centerfire cartridge, IMO the underwood cavitator ballistics tests breathed a whole new life into this very popular round from days gone by... the cavitator results show that this caliber is ripe for a rediscovery with new technology. Perfect low recoil, small package, but delivering penetration and respectable wound channel to garner a primary carry role.

I often carry a p32 w 10+1 extended mag w cavitators but have a personal love for wheel guns and a top break would be second kind of cool + functionality
    Did you modify the mag in any way to prevent rimlock? I tried the Lehigh Defense and Underwood .32 ACP rounds in my P32. Couldn't get them to run reliably. They're just a hair too short, it seems. I know I can do the wire trick to prevent rimlock, but I haven't bothered. I run S&B 73gr FMJ or Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. Both work equally as well and are half the price of Lehigh or Underwood.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Wheelgun idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Did you modify the mag in any way to prevent rimlock? I tried the Lehigh Defense and Underwood .32 ACP rounds in my P32. Couldn't get them to run reliably. They're just a hair too short, it seems. I know I can do the wire trick to prevent rimlock, but I haven't bothered. I run S&B 73gr FMJ or Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. Both work equally as well and are half the price of Lehigh or Underwood.
    For whatever reason they run well in my P32 extended mags, although I can not run JHP in mine bc of the issue you mention; prior to the cavitators, like you i was running 73gr FMJ geco and fiocchi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12