Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Winchester 1200 Magazine Tube for 28" barrel?

Recently picked up a 28" vent-rib barrel for my Win 1200 Defender, which previously had an 18" barrel.

Unfortunately, the 5 shot tube extends out too far, so that the mag-tube cap doesn't keep the barrel on.

Is there something I can purchase that would allow this barrel to be used with the longer tube?

Otherwise, what is the appropriate capacity magazine tube for a Winchester 1200/1300 with a 28" barrel?

Photo:

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Winchester 1200 Magazine Tube for 28" barrel?

*crickets* ...thanks guys

Just in the event this gets indexed by Google from someone else searching for a similar answer:

I did come up with a solution.

I purchased a 12 inch piece of 6061 T6 aluminum pipe on Amazon for $8
    I then cut it down to proper length with a hand-saw, sanded down the burrs, spray-painted flat black, and then lined the inside with some fabric to protect the bluing on the mag-tube underneath.

This then slides over-top of the magazine tube- and serves as a long washer/spacer of sorts.

The barrel is now nice, tight and secure- and it doesn't look too awful.

This was the tube I purchased from Amazon- the inside/outside diameters are almost perfect.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Chester County)

Default Re: Winchester 1200 Magazine Tube for 28" barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    *crickets* ...thanks guys

Just in the event this gets indexed by Google from someone else searching for a similar answer:

I did come up with a solution.

I purchased a 12 inch piece of 6061 T6 aluminum pipe on Amazon for $8
    I then cut it down to proper length with a hand-saw, sanded down the burrs, spray-painted flat black, and then lined the inside with some fabric to protect the bluing on the mag-tube underneath.

This then slides over-top of the magazine tube- and serves as a long washer/spacer of sorts.

The barrel is now nice, tight and secure- and it doesn't look too awful.

This was the tube I purchased from Amazon- the inside/outside diameters are almost perfect.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My 1300 uses a different style of mag extension with a 22" barrel but it also works with the stock 28" walking stick barrel. I'm not certain what manufacturer made this extension. The 22" barrel with choke tubes was a Winchester (USRA) accessory barrel and mounts the same way as the 28" barrel.

EDIT: this magazine tube on my 1300 was made by Tac Star a Lyman company. It's no longer made but there is one on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TacStar-Mag...8AAOSw8iRdI-xI

Last edited by JenniferG; July 16th, 2019 at 02:54 PM.
    Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.