Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up Surveillance footage shows Ohio store clerk using gun to scare off would-be burglar

https://www.foxnews.com/us/surveilla...uld-be-burglar

An Ohio convenience store clerk scared off a man attempting to rob a Pit Stop on Monday, and the drama was caught on camera.

A masked man wearing all black and carrying a gun attempted to climb through the drive-thru window of a Pit Stop at a Warren convenience store. A clerk saw the man and grabbed a gun he kept in the store, pointing it at the suspect as he approached the window. The strategy worked, and the would-be intruder fled.

he clerk told police he fired into the air as a warning shot.

The masked man got away and is still at large, but police are not pressing charges against the clerk.

“It’s a bit daring to try to climb through a window to rob a business, but fortunately the clerk was armed and was able to protect themselves from any harm that could have come to them,” Warren Police Lt. Bryan Holmes said to WKBN.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Surveillance footage shows Ohio store clerk using gun to scare off would-be burgl

Well done.
    Would have been better if he had it holstered on him with a round chambered.
    But still, well done.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Surveillance footage shows Ohio store clerk using gun to scare off would-be burgl

Good idea! If I ever shoot at someone and miss, I'll tell the police it was a "warning shot"!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Good idea! If I ever shoot at someone and miss, I'll tell the police it was a "warning shot"!
    Yeah, I glossed over that part.
    The masked guy had a gun in his hand so he could argue he was shooting at an armed intruder.
    That's what I would have said if I had fired a shot.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Apparently, police officers take many warning shots in most of the videos I've seen.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    My understanding is that warning shots are not a good idea and a good way to lose your 2A rights. I would have waited 'til the thug was 1/2 way through the window and plugged him with a head shot.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

He would have been a dead man if he wasn't armed IMO.

Stupid ass clerk fireing a shot into the air ? who was the recipient of the errant round ?Some 3 year old sleeping in her crib ? Charges should have been filed I sure would have proceeded with an arrest ! Just a note ,You take out your firearm to protect your life or property when suspect is fleeing you are NOT the Police ! These people who fire negligently into the air should and will be charged !