Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Carrying in the workplace

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    1956 I was working in a machine shop at Leeds and Northrup. Little-by-little, during lunch and breaks and hanging on for a bit after work, one of the men was making a revolver. He wasn't being sneaky about it. It was just something one of the guys was doing. That's the America I grew up in.
    How'd it turn out?

(Bucks County)

Don't know, went into the US Army. Came out into a different job.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    1956 I was working in a machine shop at Leeds and Northrup. Little-by-little, during lunch and breaks and hanging on for a bit after work, one of the men was making a revolver. He wasn't being sneaky about it. It was just something one of the guys was doing. That's the America I grew up in.
    I went to school in rural Indiana. During hunting season just about every pickup in the school parking lot had a gun in the back window. A friend of mine made a sword in metal shop class for extra credit. That was just 40 years ago. Imagine where we will be 40 years from now.
    The Hostler

Very easy choice. If you love your job or hate your job. If you can legally carry in your place of employment you have a decision to make. How much do you value your life over your job. If you follow the policy and leave your gun in the car and someone attacks you at your work you will be food for the worms. Just carry concealed, get something small whether it be a small auto or mini revolver and keep your mouth shut. Don't tell anyone. That is what most people do.

(Franklin County)

What do you all think of the wording in this policy in an employee handbook? "Subject to applicable law, weapons are prohibited on company property." The first element of that statement seems to leave it open to legally carried weapons.
    The Hostler

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by L56 View Post
    Hi, I'm a to concealed carry. I'm waiting for my permit to come in the mail. I also have yet to buy a firearm. But my question is this, I work in an office and want to carry at all times. I'm afraid I will cause panic if I carry and someone sees my gun. I'm also worried I could get fired for having a weapon on my person. Should I carry at work?
    Opposition research?

How old are you? What kind of work do you do?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    What do you all think of the wording in this policy in an employee handbook? "Subject to applicable law, weapons are prohibited on company property." The first element of that statement seems to leave it open to legally carried weapons.
    You'd think so, but the company interpretation is probably "If the state has a "parking lot law", we can't really stop you. Otherwise, you're fired."
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    GET A LAWYER NOW!

when i started carrying i spoke with the owner of my job and came to an agreement to store it in the building, safe from the car.
    it wound up in a lock box in my desk, it wasn't the type of place where employee X or temp worker Y could snatch things from my desk so it was pretty secure, albeit not on my person.
    my current job requires me to carry which is really the only perk.

did PA ever pass that bill to allow corrections officers to have their personal weapon in their vehicle? iirc they were completely prohibited from the property at one point.

also, yes. concealed is concealed. the constitution is the supreme law of the land. many would rather roll the dice and be tried by twelve of their peers than carried by six of their friends. the only exception is a metal detector. state borders don't have metal detectors, courts do.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    You'd think so, but the company interpretation is probably "If the state has a "parking lot law", we can't really stop you. Otherwise, you're fired."
    that is exactly what is means. It means guns by the employer are prohibited as much as legally possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    My car = my property = eat a dick
    Yeah so if a shooter comes into your workplace and your gun is in your car I guess you will be in your workplace holding your dick.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast