Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Federal suppressor ban bills put in house and Senate Mon June 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Ban oppressors, not suppressors.
    Tee shirt worthy.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

And my suppressor stamp was just approved on the 24th. But since I didn’t buy it from Menendez I won’t need to sell it back to him.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    I have an uncle that has a completely custom and tuned up integrally suppressed 10/22. He shot it once with me and you only thing you could hear was air, the action, and the thump of the round when it hit the target.
    Slightly off-topic, but I have an amusing story about that. I have a bolt action 22 with a can. The first time I shot it (with CCI standard velocity), I still had my ear-pro on from the previous gun I shot. When I pulled the trigger, I heard and felt the click of the firing pin but nothing else. I thought it was a dud round and ejected it. Lost it in the weeds, so chambered another one and same thing happened. I finally realized how dumb I was being and took a look at the target to see my 2 impacts. Took ear pro off and the firing pin was still louder than the "bang" or lack thereof. I had a good laugh at myself that day.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    I have an uncle that has a completely custom and tuned up integrally suppressed 10/22. He shot it once with me and you only thing you could hear was air, the action, and the thump of the round when it hit the target.

I fired a HK MP5SD once and it was pretty much the same. Too bad they now cost more than a car.

How excited am I supposed to get over yet another "let's ban this too" Democrat wishful thinking bill designed to impress their marks, but not meant to actually do anything?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Chances of it passing are slim, suppressors are a cash cow for the ATF
    I see your point, but if they really wanted to make money from suppressors, they would reduce the wait time down to weeks and there would be a 1,000 fold increase in sales.
    Last edited by WCMG; June 26th, 2019 at 07:26 AM.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

I am pretty sure the elected gun grabbers can care less about the measly $200.00 tax generated by suppressor sales especially when you hear them wanting to forgive $1.6T of unpaid school dept and make college and health care "free".

Let's look at this at a much larger scale the Pittman Robertson act which raised $1.1 Billion in funds for conservation hunter education programs for all 50 states in 2018 mostly off the 11% excise tax on firearms, and ammunition. Roughly half if not more then that is funded by recreational, competition, and firearms collectors who never set a foot in the woods or have zero interest in hunting. The banning of Semi auto "assault" rifles chambered in common calibers would cut a HUGE dent into this fund. Take it a step further and go after semi auto pistols like several 2020 candidates have said they would and it would would cannibalize the fund as well as conservation efforts all across the country.

Hate to tell you but THEY DO NOT CARE about the measly pittance raised by suppressors which is about $22,000,000 on average since 2014, before that about half with an up tick in 2016 then back down in 2017. They will make up that money along with the loss in Pittman Robertson the old fashioned way by stealing it from the tax payers under the guise of keeping everyone safe and sound.

If these bills go no where which I hope they do it wont be secretly because of loss of revenue. If revenue is what they really want then they would adjust the stamp fee from from the 1934 price with current inflation. Which would guarantee a large down turn in applied for stamps.

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/se...n-conservation

https://nasgw.org/news/consumer-dema...essors-in-2017
    Last edited by Hodgie; June 26th, 2019 at 09:07 AM.

(Berks County)

^ How about if the $200 from every tax stamp was used to pay student loan debt?

Here's the skinny broken down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234