Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Federal suppressor ban bills put in house and Senate Mon June 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Today's media is an enemy of the people. I never heard a solid determination if a genuine suppressor was even used in that VA shooting.
    That's a good point. There are several reports that people "heard loud shots" during the mayhem. It could have very well been a "fake can" as others have said. Even if it was a real suppressor the sound is still very audible, yet the Media would have you believe otherwise to advance their anti (legal) gun agenda.

(Delaware County)

Pedomenendez is behind this Bill...how does one so crooked stay in power and continue to do what they do without any consequences? It defies honest people.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I'm not sure if I can legally acquire suppressors since I live in Philly
    The ATF changed the rules regarding CLEO sign-off. This is no longer required, just a CLEO notification via letter.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    The ATF changed the rules regarding CLEO sign-off. This is no longer required, just a CLEO notification via letter.
    I recall reading that somewhere.I'm not really interested in getting but like I said,I don't want to see the hacks take them from us.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I recall reading that somewhere.I'm not really interested in getting but like I said,I don't want to see the hacks take them from us.
    NP, just wanted to clarify it in case someone else was reading it and wondering the same thing.

Anyone wanting to ban suppressors should go out to the range and experience the reality of them. Most people have never even seen one. At the range when someone brings a suppressor, there are many questions and comments like: "I expected them to be quieter".

I have had people ask me a few times if my suppressors are real because I shoot at a Fudd range and they always thought that it was like James Bond. Once they hear how loud it is they are shocked to reality "silencers" are not like the movies. I like shooting 45 caliber the most but even with a 45 and "wet" you still need ear plugs, everything else even with subsonic rounds is still loud. Not the laser zap you hear in movies. I use them just for a little more hearing protection then ear plugs and headphones alone. I wish I used them my entire life, I would hear a lot better now...
    Last edited by :-); June 24th, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    The bill put into the house would kill if passed and your CLEO would have the finial say even after the ATF approval.

Nice right!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I have had people ask me a few times if my suppressors are real because I shoot at a Fudd range and they always thought that it was like James Bond. Once they hear how loud it is they are shocked to reality "silencers" are not like the movies. I like shooting 45 caliber the most but even with a 45 and "wet" you still need ear plugs, everything else even with subsonic rounds is still loud. Not the laser zap you hear in movies. I use them just for a little more hearing protection then ear plugs and headphones alone. I wish I used them my entire life, I would hear a lot better now...
    I have an uncle that has a completely custom and tuned up integrally suppressed 10/22. He shot it once with me and you only thing you could hear was air, the action, and the thump of the round when it hit the target.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    I have an uncle that has a completely custom and tuned up integrally suppressed 10/22. He shot it once with me and you only thing you could hear was air, the action, and the thump of the round when it hit the target.
    When I think 22, I think high powered BB gun... lol
    I forgot they are quiet even without a suppressor.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    When I think 22, I think high powered BB gun... lol
    I forgot they are quiet even without a suppressor.
    Yeah, as a kid I had an old browning T-bolt in 22lr. I don't think I ever shot that rifle with hearing protection.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast