Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    No need to Google anything; the linked article explained how Oregon Democrats did the exact same thing twice before. Why is there outrage now?
    Just for clarification, it was Wisconsin Democrats in one case, and Texas Democrats in the other case. I know I for one was upset when the Wisconsin Democrats skipped out preventing a vote on busting the government union in Wisconsin. It would be hypocritical of me at this point to cheer the Republicans fleeing. Unfortunately, this is the result of the democratic process. Sometimes your side loses. We are all upset about the Democrats threatening, and attempting in numerous states, to overturn the electoral college process. We can’t then turn around and encourage our side to break the rules when it suits us. If the states laws or constitution give the governor the right to “compel“ absent elected representatives to show up to vote, Then those are the rules. The problem with having principles, is that the enemy can often use your principles against you. The turning point then becomes are you willing to throw your principles aside in order to “win”, in which case are they really principles at all. We will always be at a disadvantage against the Democrats because the Democrats have no principles other than “the ends justify the means”. It may very well be our downfall.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Chester County)

Default Re: Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Just for clarification, it was Wisconsin Democrats in one case, and Texas Democrats in the other case. I know I for one was upset when the Wisconsin Democrats skipped out preventing a vote on busting the government union in Wisconsin. It would be hypocritical of me at this point to cheer the Republicans fleeing. Unfortunately, this is the result of the democratic process. Sometimes your side loses. We are all upset about the Democrats threatening, and attempting in numerous states, to overturn the electoral college process. We can’t then turn around and encourage our side to break the rules when it suits us. If the states laws or constitution give the governor the right to “compel“ absent elected representatives to show up to vote, Then those are the rules. The problem with having principles, is that the enemy can often use your principles against you. The turning point then becomes are you willing to throw your principles aside in order to “win”, in which case are they really principles at all. We will always be at a disadvantage against the Democrats because the Democrats have no principles other than “the ends justify the means”. It may very well be our downfall.
    Thanks for the support. I was getting lonely in this thread...

The people of Oregon have spoken. They voted in a majority of Democrats, now they should pay for it. I don't understand why the Republicans left. They should just vote no and let the people get what they voted for.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Thanks for the support. I was getting lonely in this thread...
    I try hard in this era of tribalism to be consistent to my beliefs. It gets harder and harder, however, when the other side flouts the rules when it suits them, and then demands that we follow the rules when it suits them. Especially when they know they’re being disingenuous and using our principles intentionally against us. Some days I honestly do believe our principles are the rope they’re going to use to hang us, but I believe in the rule of law strongly enough to stand behind it, even if it ends up being the last great act of defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I don't understand why the Republicans left. They should just vote no and let the people get what they voted for.
    If I had to guess, and it’s merely conjecture, it would be that these Republican representatives are standing up for their constituents who will have to live under this stuff, as well as the representatives themselves and their families. What we ought to try to do is start a movement to relocate Republican citizens out of blue states, and into purple states to help tip the balance against the Democrats in those states. The flaw in my plan, however, is the that the Republicans in those states are probably liberal themselves and might end up shifting the states further blue. If it were to work, however, the shift in population numbers would serve to reduce the political power and influence of the blue states, while increasing the political power of the states they move into.

(Chester County)

The Repulbicans are just making a statement. They know they will have to go vote no. The insanity that embraces the large population centers of the west coast knows no bounds. As states have no Electoral College then everyone outside the Metro areas gets royally, and I mean ROYALLY screwed.

(Delaware County)

Who here wouldn’t be whining about the “absent” Senators if the shoe was on the other foot!?

Google anarchy and read the definition.
    If the Senators are acting in accordance with what their constituents want, I don't see the harm in not following thru with a vote. It appears the left is using their bully pulpit to pass anything they want without any consideration from the right. Also, the people don't seem to want this cap and trade bill either. The Senators are standing by their conviction...an honorable position if you ask me.

If the shoe were to be on the other foot, I wouldn't have a problem if they chose this path, provided the reasoning was as sound as the Senators is on this issue.

How does one compromise on their conviction? YOU DON'T!

(Chester County)

Seems to me that if any state Senator refuses to do his/her job then the Chief Executive (Governor) in said state should have the right to appoint a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    How does one compromise on their conviction? YOU DON'T!
    You do your job​... show up and vote “no”.

(Columbia County)

The missing Senators are trying to run out the clock to stop the bill. That appears to be the only way to stop the legislation because the democrats have a super majority. I get the idea that the majority of voters in Oregon wanted a democrat run state government. They got it and now they have the monopoly of power in that state. However if things were flipped, I could see the democrats pulling this maneuver too.

If both sides really wanted to stop this tactic, they would have passed legislation that would have made this scheme ineffective. It's just a last ditch silent filibuster attempt to stop legislation by the minority party.

(Berks County)

Some will view them as villains, I view them as martyrs.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast