Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    If they were constitutional issues in question then I would agree. That would be the one instance where I think it would be an ethical move to prevent a quorum to prevent a vote from passing on an unconstitutional question. HOWEVER, this isn’t that. This is merely Republicans ducking out on a bill they don’t like, just like the Democrats ducked out on the union busting bill that they didn’t like in Wisconsin. It’s stuff like this that is causing our framework of government to deteriorate, and that’s why we’re seeing activist judges “legislating” from the bench, attempts at end runs around the electoral college, etc. I agree that currently one side of the aisle is blatantly breaking the rules and refusing to abide by our governmental framework, and then demanding that our side abide by it when it suits them, but if both sides throw aside the constitutional framework for expediency then there will be no framework and it will be a bald majority rule. That’s exactly what the founders tried to prevent when they created our system. If no one is going to stand up for the rule of law and our constitutionally created system of government, then it’s going to die and what will be left will be something that we will not like, and that we may not prevail against.
    I disagree, This is about government theft of property & livelihood, exactly what the founders fought against.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Armed Militias Pledge to Fight for Fugitive Oregon GOP Lawmakers ‘At Any Cost’

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    If they were constitutional issues in question then I would agree. That would be the one instance where I think it would be an ethical move to prevent a quorum to prevent a vote from passing on an unconstitutional question. HOWEVER, this isn’t that. This is merely Republicans ducking out on a bill they don’t like, just like the Democrats ducked out on the union busting bill that they didn’t like in Wisconsin. It’s stuff like this that is causing our framework of government to deteriorate, and that’s why we’re seeing activist judges “legislating” from the bench, attempts at end runs around the electoral college, etc. I agree that currently one side of the aisle is blatantly breaking the rules and refusing to abide by our governmental framework, and then demanding that our side abide by it when it suits them, but if both sides throw aside the constitutional framework for expediency then there will be no framework and it will be a bald majority rule. That’s exactly what the founders tried to prevent when they created our system. If no one is going to stand up for the rule of law and our constitutionally created system of government, then it’s going to die and what will be left will be something that we will not like, and that we may not prevail against.
    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    What are you smoking?

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

That's exactly what this is all about. Something our founding fathers took up the fight on much quicker then our society of cucks today.
    Exactly.

The Brits said: You have representation, the English Parliament, and the King.

In oregon they say: You have representation, it is equal based on population, even though you own most of the land and the city folk are just parasites.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Exactly.

The Brits said: You have representation, the English Parliament, and the King.

In oregon they say: You have representation, it is equal based on population, even though you own most of the land and the city folk are just parasites.
    I'm going to quote myself from another forum i'm on...

With regards to "majority" and "regions", my concern is, and I've yet to formulate it into a coherent argument/position so bear with me, is that it is not unique for a "region" to encompass a extremely concentrated "liberal" population and yet also encompass a relatively diffuse "conservative" population.*

ex: New York (state) has 19.5 million people; 43% (8.4 million people) live in NYC alone.**
    NYS is a 47,126 square miles.* NYC is 305 square miles.* So 43% of the population lives in 0.6% of the area of the state.
    That incredibly tiny area frequently decides the elections for the state.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/sta...rk-population/
    https://www.politico.com/2016-electi...dent/new-york/

I wish I could say I have a an answer or a "fix" to this.* Split up states like NY, CA, WA, OR, NJ, etc. that have demographic disparities like this?* Alter how much a vote is worth based on some factor? (population density? land ownership? I don't know what else?)
    It's obvious to me the system is broken, and has been so for quite a while.* There was an article/argument that this all started going to shit when the Seventeenth Amendment was enacted.* I don't know if that's a turning point, but I can definitely see how it doesn't help.

One thing I'm sure of though is, the National Popular Vote push is going to cause a civil war.* It will guarantee the tyranny of the majority, and once people realize they have no hope for preserving their way of life through the soap box, the ballot box, and the jury box, they'll turn to the cartridge box.* On that day, I honestly don't know if America will survive.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Columbia County)

Looks like the GOP senators got want they wanted. The bill is dead. The senators in hiding will be back

Oregon’s Republican state senators will return to the Capitol on Saturday following a weeklong walkout over a proposed climate change cap-and-trade bill, Senate Minority Leader Herman Baertschiger Jr. (R) announced on Friday.

“Our mission walking out of this building was to kill cap and trade,” Baertschiger said at a press conference. “And that’s what we did.”

Eleven Republican senators fled the state last week in order to deny Democrats the necessary quorum to vote on and pass an expansive greenhouse gas emissions cap-and-trade bill. But chaos quickly ensued as Gov. Kate Brown (D) authorized state troopers to find and retrieve them and threats of violence emerged.

Though the Democratic Party holds an 18-11 majority in the state Senate, Oregon law requires 20 senators be in attendance to hold session. With all of the GOP Senate members in hiding, the Senate was unable to vote on any legislation for eight days and the bill — once expected to pass — now faces almost certain death.

Senate Democratic leader Peter Courtney indicated on Tuesday that the bill no longer had enough support among Democrats — and Baertschiger said Friday that both Courtney and Brown had privately assured him that their party would now be voting no.

Oregon House Speaker Tina Kotek was one of several prominent Democrats to decry the Republicans’ drastic move, accusing them of “threatening our democratic institution and subverting the will of Oregon voters.”

Baertschiger was asked to comment on the threats of violence that hung over the weeklong walkout — which included one Republican senator implying that he would use deadly force on officers sent to retrieve him and law enforcement officials closing the Capitol on Saturday due to “a credible threat from militia groups.”

“Send bachelors and come heavily armed,” Sen. Brian Boquist said last week ahead of the walkout. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

Baertschiger said he was unfamiliar with the threats made against the Capitol but did respond to Boquist’s remarks.

“You gotta remember at that time a lot of tempers were flaring,” he said. “Obviously, his statement was not helpful.”

When asked about the fear held by some cap and trade opponents that state Senate Democrats would continue to push for the bill, Baertschiger said he understood their concern.

“The trust in the Oregon state Capitol is probably at the lowest it’s ever been, and that saddens me,” he said. “But at the end of the day, we have a constitutional responsibility to get these budgets back and to keep Oregon functional.”

There are only two days left in the legislative session and more than 100 bills are at risk of dying. But when he was asked if all of his fellow lawmakers would return this weekend, Baertschiger wasn’t sure.

“I hope so,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/or...Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Looks like the GOP senators got want they wanted. The bill is dead. The senators in hiding will be back

One might say that the ends justify the means.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Reading through the thread. I wanted to throw out that the Senators had walked out earlier this year killing anti 2nd legislation.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/a...n-legislation/

Pro-Gun Senators Derail Oregon Legislation
    Pro-Gun Senators Derail Oregon Legislation
    A pro-Second Amendment group of Oregon state senators recently stopped an omnibus anti-gun bill in its tracks.

The 13 senators refused to participate in floor sessions until the bill was withdrawn from consideration. And in mid-May, Senate leadership reached an agreement that the anti-gun legislation would not be moving forward this session.

Among other things, the package would have allowed gun dealers to refuse service to law-abiding citizens aged 18-20; required firearm storage that would have made guns unavailable for self-defense; allowed local governments to create “gun-free zones” in public buildings, colleges and airports; and increased the fee to apply for a concealed handgun license.

Anti-gun legislators have already announced they intend to reintroduce a similar version next year or potentially file a ballot initiative in 2020.

Senators involved in derailing the legislation were Sen. Dallas Heard, District 1; Sen. Herman Baertschiger, District 2; Sen. Fred Girod, District 9; Sen. Jackie Winters, District 10; Sen. Brian Boquist, District 12; Sen. Kim Thatcher, District 13; Sen. Betsy Johnson, District 16; Sen. Alan Olsen, District 20; Sen. Chuck Thomsen, District 26; Sen. Tim Knopp, District 27; Sen. Dennis Linthicum, District 28; Sen. Bill Hansell, District 29; and Sen. Cliff Bentz, District 30.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post

Wonder how long until they get arrested

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Wonder how long until they get arrested
    They won't be arrested because they didn't do anything illegal.
    Begs the question, why was law enforcement used to search and recover citizens who did nothing illegal?
    The Hostler

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    They won't be arrested because they didn't do anything illegal.
    Begs the question, why was law enforcement used to search and recover citizens who did nothing illegal?
    They resisted the will of the crown, that is more than enough

(Delaware County)

This is bullshit. Do your damn job. I would be so pissed if Dems pulled this bullshit. People voted those politicians in and you don’t get to tell the people “fuck off, we will do it our way”. This is what is wrong with this country.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast