Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NRA suspends Chris Cox

https://nypost.com/2019/06/20/nra-su...-coup-attempt/

NRA suspends top lobbyist Chris Cox after ‘failed coup attempt’

The National Rifle Association suspended its chief lobbyist amid allegations that he conspired with the group’s former president in a “failed coup attempt,” against the head of the gun organization, it was revealed Thursday.

Chris Cox — the NRA’s second-in-command — allegedly worked with public relations firm Ackerman McQueen, ex-NRA president Oliver North and NRA board member Dan Boren to try to force out CEO and Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, a new lawsuit filed by the gun organization against North claimed.

The Manhattan Supreme Court suit filed late Wednesday says that emails and text messages showed that “Chris Cox—once thought by some to be a likely successor for Mr. LaPierre—participated in the Ackerman/North/Boren conspiracy.”

An NRA spokesperson told The New York Times that Cox was placed on administrative leave while it conducts an internal review.

In April, the NRA sued Ackerman — who has been working with the gun group in its public imaging since the 1980s — claiming the media firm was hiding information about how it was spending tens of millions they received from the NRA every year.

The newest suit claims that North — who still sits on the NRA board — is asking for the association to pay his legal bills related to subpoenas he’s received in ongoing lawsuits and a probe by the Senate Committee of Finance.

The NRA says it shouldn’t have to pay, since North incurred the costs because of his “own misconduct” in his attempt to blackmail LaPierre into resigning, the court papers say.

The suit also claims that North hid the particulars of his contract with Ackerman — whom he began work with in May 2018 — which posed a conflict of interest in his position as president of the gun group, the court papers say.

North declined to comment.

A working number could not immediately be found for Cox.

(Chester County)

Default Re: NRA suspends Chris Cox

Get rid of Wayne now.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Get rid of Wayne now.
    Clean house and bring in the pitbulls...pussy footing around does not bode well for gunowners, only for the fat cows like Lapierre, who should have been putout to pasture a long time ago.

(Berks County)

In the recent weeks I received two calls from the NRA, the latest one about three days ago. They start out claiming it's a poll to see who is supporting Donald Trump but quickly convert to a fundraising call. I hung up on the first one after about a minute but the second one didn't last that long. I straight up blasted the guy, told him I knew that his call was a fundraising call guised as a poll and that I was disgusted with the NRA, that the organization needed new leadership, blah, blah, blah, take me off of your call list and hung up.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

This is what becomes of any organization(whether it be a private organization, or government) when people are allowed to remain "in power" for too long. It becomes more about protecting themselves and their position rather than about the mission of the organization. If Wayne loves the 2nd, and about protecting gun rights, then he should step down voluntarily because this situation has weakened the NRA, and if left to continue to fester, will ruin it. But I'll not hold my breath.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    This is what becomes of any organization(whether it be a private organization, or government) when people are allowed to remain "in power" for too long. It becomes more about protecting themselves and their position rather than about the mission of the organization. If Wayne loves the 2nd, and about protecting gun rights, then he should step down voluntarily because this situation has weakened the NRA, and if left to continue to fester, will ruin it. But I'll not hold my breath.
    Yep, absolutely, positively 100% correct.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Blair County)

i think this thing will end up being made into a movie . maybe we should start one of those polls on the white house site to get rid of wane

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Absolutely. When people are 'taking sides' in an organization, and ignoring the long term objective, they've been around too long. Toss them all overboard, hoist the flag, and full speed ahead: focus on the goal.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Absolutely. When people are 'taking sides' in an organization, and ignoring the long term objective, they've been around too long. Toss them all overboard, hoist the flag, and full speed ahead: focus on the goal.
    "Historically, the NRA has urged us all to look the other way whenever scandals came to light. It’s easy to ignore troubling reports from media outlets with obvious biases. However, recent scandals have come to light that are well-sourced, well documented, and much less easily dismissed. Some of the most damning revelations have emerged in plain sight for NRA members to witness first-hand, so there’s no more room to blame the media. This is why we decided to stop ignoring these problems and demand change."

Sounds like a good idea and a path to reclaiming their integrity and membership respect.

http://www.savethe2a.org/

(Chester County)

How was a convicted felon the President of the NRA?
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast