Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Senate Bill #147 passes out of Appropriations Committee--- 3 Sundays to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    https://www.abc27.com/news/pennsylva...CPpwwq2CqG1Y3I

What do you all think of this?? We might just get Sunday Hunting this fall.
    Thank You for the update!! I agree with your advice on joining some Pa. clubs as well .

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Senate Bill #147 passes out of Appropriations Committee--- 3 Sundays to hunt.

(Berks County)

Tradition man, you can't hunt on Sunday or have the opener on Saturday. It's bad for business. Umm, people on the roads. Camps wont survive. Umm tradition again. Umm, less deer. Ummm, well you get the idea.

I hate this bullshit tradition reason not to do anything. Bunch of freaking Fudds ruining it for the new generation who actually works and has to take it when then can get it. Sorry, get back to your discussion now.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Tradition man, you can't hunt on Sunday or have the opener on Saturday. It's bad for business. Umm, people on the roads. Camps wont survive. Umm tradition again. Umm, less deer. Ummm, well you get the idea.

I hate this bullshit tradition reason not to do anything. Bunch of freaking Fudds ruining it for the new generation who actually works and has to take it when then can get it. Sorry, get back to your discussion now.
    I agree !

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post

Persistence and emotional control has been the key to moving forward with the maddening frustrations that go along with ANY positive change to Hunting in PA. I have learned to no longer respond with anger and defensiveness, but instead a few more DEEP breaths and start the explanation and education all over again. It is a Marathon not a sprint.

Persistence and emotional control has been the key to moving forward with the maddening frustrations that go along with ANY positive change to Hunting in PA. I have learned to no longer respond with anger and defensiveness, but instead a few more DEEP breaths and start the explanation and education all over again. It is a Marathon not a sprint.
    One would think the "tradition" argument dies quickly when they look at the continued declining numbers of hunters all over the country.

Tradition isn't going to pay for conservation. What will is access and as much opportunity as possible along with mentor programs for both children and adults who are interested in hunting.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    One would think the "tradition" argument dies quickly when they look at the continued declining numbers of hunters all over the country.

Tradition isn't going to pay for conservation. What will is access and as much opportunity as possible along with mentor programs for both children and adults who are interested in hunting.
    I agree...please get as involved as you can. People take conservation and public land for granted. In PA we really do have more public hunting land than any other state East of the Mississippi. People will try to bad mouth the PA Game Commission saying, "All they care about is the money"...well someone certainly has to!!!! Where do they think the funding for conservation comes from???? Our North American Model of Conservation that is largely funded by the direct sale of hunting licenses and the Excise tax allocation from the Pittman Robertson Act. Traditions to me is more about your Hunting Ethics or Passing the culture down from one generation to another. Tradition for me is not about a Saturday or a Sunday or a Monday. Please get involved or stay involved if you already are and yes!!! Every Year at least try to introduce someone to hunting, be it a youth or an adult, male or female. ALL are welcome!!!!

(Perry County)

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pe...-20190626.html

Two of three Sundays were picked by legislators. As I said, I'm angry. Under 6% of Sundays made available and the legislators--with Farm Bureau meddling--pick 2. I keep hearing we should be happy with the crumbs. I'm not because I'll likely be dead before the issue is revisited since they threw us a minuscule bone to appease us.

I joined PFSC for a year. If they continue to make noise on this and push for expansion, I'll keep renewing. We need numbers to counter the fucking Farm Bureau.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

I am trying but it gets frustrating with all these no change people.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12