Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Dauphin County)

Default Senate Bill #147 passes out of Appropriations Committee--- 3 Sundays to hunt.

https://www.abc27.com/news/pennsylva...CPpwwq2CqG1Y3I

What do you all think of this?? We might just get Sunday Hunting this fall.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Senate Bill #147 passes out of Appropriations Committee--- 3 Sundays to hunt.

3 whole Sundays. I'm tired of the fight. If I want to hunt my land on Sunday, I will. If I want to use a semi to take a deer, I will. Fuck the man as the hippies used to say.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Senate Bill #147 passes out of Appropriations Committee--- 3 Sundays to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    3 whole Sundays. I'm tired of the fight. If I want to hunt my land on Sunday, I will. If I want to use a semi to take a deer, I will. Fuck the man as the hippies used to say.
    Hunting on your own land, is not that difficult. Use a crossbow. No one heard shit.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Dauphin County)

I am 100% in favor of your willingness to be civilly disobedient. I have considered this tactic every year. The prohibition against Sunday Hunting is certainly UN-just which means anyone breaking this UN-just law is justified. Wish I could join you, but I am certain that ANY violation like the Summary Offense for illegally hunting on Sunday would cost me my employment and I just can't afford that.

I am also tired of the fight...but I know I must keep at it. This is a marathon not a sprint. Please consider joining United Bow Hunters of PA or PA Federation of Sportsman and Conservationists and Hunters United for Sunday Hunting.

ALL PA HUNTERS MUST join some sort of PA Hunting Organization to help bolster the number of Members in these organizations so that politicians pay attention to sportsmen and sportswomen.

The National Organizations are OKAY but the PA Organizations are essential. The PA Orgs are the ones that will be AT the Capitol Building...Calling, E-mailing and Visiting your Legislators. And they will represent YOUR vote to these lawmakers.

It is the same concept as Gun Rights...gotta join the NRA or 2nd Amendment Foundation or NAGR. You know they would take away your Right to Bear Arms if they could and the same is true of hunting.

Please consider joining ANY PA Hunting Organization that will fight for PA Hunters.

What’s the best all around PA hunting org to join?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Finleyville Drunken Bozo School Bus Hunting Club! They got a new, camo paint job on the short bus this year!
    Last edited by Manxdriver; June 20th, 2019 at 09:03 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I am partial to United Bowhunters of PA...but I can also endorse PA Federation of Sportsman and Conservationists.

https://ubofpa.org/

https://www.pfsc.org/

These are the top two that I would recommend. I am certain there are others.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    I am partial to United Bowhunters of PA...but I can also endorse PA Federation of Sportsman and Conservationists.

^^^^^^ This
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Westmoreland County)

went to a research focus group about hunting a month ago. all participants there were all for Sunday hunting. seems its very popular. there were several other things we talked about...license fees was one of them (too expensive). Wait til ya'll hear what the gamelands and wmu's will be called lol

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post

Thank you for the recommendations as well as the updates on hunting rights and legislation in PA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast