Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrapping brass

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Scraping brass

Then I’m an asshole because it’s my brass and I don’t feel like sorting it and dealing with trying to sell it.

(Luzerne County)

When I take metal in for scrap I will call around and ask prices. It could be worth the effort.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

That will be mondays task while I’m off.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I think if you take perfectly good brass to the scrap yard you are an asshole. Sell it to people who reload. You will get more money and help fellow shooters.
    Wow. I'm an asshole because I pick up my own brass and sell it to be recycled rather than sorting it by caliber and haggling over price with some stranger for a few bucks? Now I've heard it all. You have an odd definition of asshole, and you and I might disagree on who fits that definition.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Then I’m an asshole because it’s my brass and I don’t feel like sorting it and dealing with trying to sell it.
    No, I fully understand how you feel. I did the sorting and selling thing and I even priced it lower than what others were asking only to have guys offer less than scrap value for it. Especially 40 S&W, nobody wants to buy that stuff.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by weaver View Post
    Ok fixed my spelling error so now it’s right. And I never thought to ask google where the best place was!!! I was just curious if and where others took their used brass, I know where the local scrap yards are. I have mostly 5.56 and a little bit of nickel plated 9mm and some 45.
    To answer the bold - I take my used brass to the basement to run thru my tumbler (got over 500 pieces of .45ACP running as we speak) so I can reload it, 'cause I am a cheap bast frugal guy, and I go thru over 100 rounds a week.

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Wow. I'm an asshole because I pick up my own brass and sell it to be recycled rather than sorting it by caliber and haggling over price with some stranger for a few bucks? Now I've heard it all. You have an odd definition of asshole, and you and I might disagree on who fits that definition.
    I definitely fit that description. Not for scrapping brass, but for just about everything else.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

I never thought of the effort involved in separating brass and selling it. Also I really hate the dirt bag brass rats at the public ranges scurrying around picking up their precious. I know they are scrapping it and someone could reload it. This is where asshole comes to mind. I shouldn't put everyone in that category.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Lancaster County)

I really dislike the guys who pick up someone else’s brass without asking. You look at them like wtf. I get my brass from where I work. Some of its usable without a doubt and some isn’t. I’m not picking through it to separate caliber or the unusable brass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12