Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Wolf Renews SoE for Opioid Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The reason for the SoE is that they can bypass the normal acquisition process for the Narcan. Meaning they're buying probably at an inflated price and then giving it away for free.
    True. I have heard it is quite expensive medicine.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    He is just against open carry of guns....without a LTCF
    It is an unfortunate side effect for folks like me.

(York County)

The opioid crisis is the best thing ever to shorten the list of people waiting for transplants (really). All kinds of otherwise young and healthy organs for people that would love to continue on with a normal life.

Apparently the governor doesn’t care about people who need transplants
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

https://www.firefightingnews.com/bod...osK4SgUhmZ1QVA

Man revived by Narcan shoots and kills firefighter who helped him.

Again, why are we trying to save these criminals? Big failure not checking him for weapons of any kind before treating him though.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The reason for the SoE is that they can bypass the normal acquisition process for the Narcan. Meaning they're buying probably at an inflated price and then giving it away for free.
    This is exactly what he is doing.

In fact, it is being bought at (last I researched) 8000% the market rate.

From a campaign donor.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    https://www.firefightingnews.com/bod...osK4SgUhmZ1QVA

Man revived by Narcan shoots and kills firefighter who helped him.

Again, why are we trying to save these criminals? Big failure not checking him for weapons of any kind before treating him though.

This is exactly why Pennsylvania changed the Narcan EMS ALS protocols almost two decades ago to only give narcan to people who are not breathing/not breathing enough. The dose was decreased from 2 MG to 0.4 MG (1/5th) to be repeated ONLY until people were breathing. Not until they woke up.

Now we're giving narcan to fire fighters, cops, the lay public with all most no training, telling them it is safe (which is a lie, it is a very dangerous medication, especially when given to chronic users), and pushing it in stupidly high doses (2 - 8 mg).

What people who overdose need is ventilation. Open their airway. Do rescue breathing. There is absolutely no justifiable medical reason someone who has overdosed should ever be given to much narcan that they wake up, in fact it is negligent as studies show you're increasing their likelihood of a fatal overdose by forcing them into withdraw. No to mention the risk of seizures, flash pulmonary edema, stroke, &l that are associated with narcan use.

Body camera footage from a deadly officer-involved shooting has been released, giving insight into how an Appleton, Wisconsin firefighter was slain while attempting to provide care.

Last month, Appleton firefighter Mitch Lundgaard was fatally shot by 47-year-old Ruben Houston, who was being treated by medical personnel after he was found unresponsive on a bus and believed to have suffered an overdose.

Given Narcan and taken off the bus, Houston was not checked for possible weapons prior to treatment and refused to be patted down by officers once he was conscious.

Eventually, Houston became irate and drew his sidearm from a snap holster under his shirt, chambered a round, and opened fire.

Failing to react in time, police officers ran around the other side of the bus. They eventually returned fire, but not before Houston succeeded in shooting Lundgaard and used a bystander as a human shield.

A total of 24 shots were fired during the 30-second exchange and Houston later succumbed to his wounds at a nearby hospital.

According to the Post Crescent, Outagamie County District Attorney Melinda Tempelis made an announcement on Thursday stating that the officers’ use of deadly force was justified.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; June 19th, 2019 at 08:15 AM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

My employer put me through Narcan training. We got it "free" through a grant, but had to get trained on it. I'm on the Safety Committee and we opposed it, but I think they wanted the public pat on the back for having it available...it was purely a political decision and the leanings of the uppers...well they love this Governor.

They made it clear it's up to us whether we want to administer but they had to train us since it's in the building. I refuse to do it because of the personal risks to me. Unless it's a loved one, I won't save someone who ODs. And if it's someone I know, I'll revive them and them kick their ass for being so stupid.

With some of these drugs, simple contact with your skin will F you up.

The way the Governor is handing out Narcan like candy, extremely irresponsible.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Beaver County)

Drug overdose was invented to reduce the number of drug addicts.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    My employer put me through Narcan training. We got it "free" through a grant, but had to get trained on it. I'm on the Safety Committee and we opposed it, but I think they wanted the public pat on the back for having it available...it was purely a political decision and the leanings of the uppers...well they love this Governor.

They made it clear it's up to us whether we want to administer but they had to train us since it's in the building. I refuse to do it because of the personal risks to me. Unless it's a loved one, I won't save someone who ODs. And if it's someone I know, I'll revive them and them kick their ass for being so stupid.

With some of these drugs, simple contact with your skin will F you up.

The way the Governor is handing out Narcan like candy, extremely irresponsible.
    I know there has been a big propaganada push about risks associated with skin contact with powders narcotics, but the official CDC position is there has never been a single documented case.

Inhalation of a powdered substance is something different, but unless the narcotics are in a skin permeable (likely oil based) solution, I'd say it is unlikely to impossible to get it through skin contact.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Elk County)

By renewing the SoE, Wolf is "doing something" about the opioid crisis. We should all feel better.

</sarcasm>

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast