Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco shooting

Default Costco shooting

Costco’s no gun sitting duck zone policy keeps shooter out of Costco!!!!!...... Um er wait a second, their policy DID NOT keep the shooter out. Looks like all the policy did was keep people from potentially being able to defend themselves. Damn, I did not see that one coming. Who would have thought that a policy would not keep a bad guy from following the policy.

Way to go Costco.... way to go.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/15/us/co...ing/index.html

Shooting inside a Costco store leaves 1 dead and 2 hurt in Southern California

(CNN) — A shooting inside a Costco store Friday evening left one person dead and two others injured in Southern California, police said

A man is in custody after firing inside the store, Lt. Jeff Edwards of Corona police said. His name wasn't immediately released.

The shooting stemmed from an argument inside the store, but the relationship among the victims and the alleged gunman is unclear, Edwards said.

The incident is not believed to be a domestic dispute, he said. Police weren't looking for anyone else in connection with the crime, they tweeted.
    Officers found four people "down" inside the Costco store: the suspect, the decedent and two injured victims, Edwards said. The slain person was not immediately named.

Among the injured was an off-duty officer from another department, Corona police said in a news release.

The alleged gunman and the victims were taken to hospitals, Edwards said. The extent of injuries is not clear.

'Emergency' doors wouldn't open, shoppers said

Some people were also injured trying to flee the store, Edwards said.

Naveed Navi and Rochelle Flores were shopping for items for a barbecue when gunshots rang out, they told CNN affiliate KTLA.
    They heard four shots and tried to escape through emergency doors, but they wouldn't open, the pair told the station.

"It's not very fun when you're scared and you're running for your life and you're trying to open a door that says 'emergency' and they don't open," Flores told the station. "Everybody was freaking out. People were falling over each other."

She described chaos and confusion as shoppers tried to flee through the front entrance. CNN could not immediately reach Costco officials.

"Everybody's running around," Flores said. "It's scary."

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Costco shooting

The higher ups at Costco will only see it as some bad gun person violating their protective policy.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Sorry but I concealed carry everywhere UNLESS it's illegal to do so under penalty of prosecution like a post office. The no gun's allowed sign isn't going to save me or my family, and neither is store security if there is even any.

If they see my firearm which they wont, and they ask me to leave then I will do as requested without getting all pissed off.

I am not telling anyone what to do, do as you see fit, but I personally refuse to disarm myself in a public place at the risk of myself or family.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry but I concealed carry everywhere UNLESS it's illegal to do so under penalty of prosecution like a post office. The no gun's allowed sign isn't going to save me or my family, and neither is store security if there is even any.

If they see my firearm which they wont, and they ask me to leave then I will do as requested without getting all pissed off.

I am not telling anyone what to do, do as you see fit, but I personally refuse to disarm myself in a public place at the risk of myself or family.
    That's how I go about it as well.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

+1

Also I've shopped at BJs wholesale. Theres not any antigun signs to be seen at the one locally that I'm aware of, and I've looked.

Oh and those bullshit doors have a 10-15 second timer before the magnetic locks release and the opening lever needs to be held the whole time for them to unlock.
    I believe they are wired directly to emergency services, and it was done because of kids and assholes, along with thieves running out emergency doors.
    I also think they are kinda fucked up though and are going to get someone killed if they haven't in this very instance.
    Last edited by icp4life162005; June 15th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.

(Chester County)

It's hard to escape through an emergency exit when you're pushing a cart with a 60" HDTV in it.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    It's hard to escape through an emergency exit when you're pushing a cart with a 60" HDTV in it.
    And yet it's happened at Walmart how many times lol hell theres been trucks and trailers stolen while employees were trying to go inside to unload it.

I wheel my m3hb into walmart when I shop there.

(Bucks County)

I carry in Costco. Never seen a sign in the door saying you can't.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

(Chester County)

I don't shop Costco. I'm not a pack rat and I don't need to buy all that at one time. If I had a big family to take care of I'd probably shop at BJ's.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast