Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Costco shooting

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Costco shooting

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I don't shop Costco. I'm not a pack rat and I don't need to buy all that at one time. If I had a big family to take care of I'd probably shop at BJ's.
    Savings on paper products, meat, and dog food prices pay for the membership many times over throughout the year. Not a pack rat either but I don't want see a reason not to save some money.
    To disarm the people...[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them."

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    Savings on paper products, meat, and dog food prices pay for the membership many times over throughout the year. Not a pack rat either but I don't want see a reason not to save some money.
    I’ve found that they have good quality products and reasonable prices. They don’t sell junk which is nice.

Apparently the shooter was an off duty police officer.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...s-fire-coscto/

Off-Duty LAPD Officer Opens Fire During Argument In Coscto Killing 1, Injuring 3

CORONA (CBSLA) – A shooting involving an off-duty Los Angeles Police Department officer was being investigated Saturday after the officer reportedly fired his gun inside of a Costco in Corona Friday, killing one person and injuring three.

Officers were sent to the scene at 7:46 p.m. after receiving calls of an active shooter inside, according to the Corona Police Department.

Witnesses said the gunfire started when two men got into an argument at the store in Corona.

“From my understanding, from some people we talked to, there was apparently an argument inside. Some type of argument that ensued into a gun battle,” Lt. Jeff Edwards told reporters.

Upon their arrival, officers reported finding one dead and three wounded, including the suspect.

According to CBSLA reporter Joy Benedict, the LAPD had “use of force” investigators at the scene all night as the department conducted their own investigation.

The off-duty LAPD officer reportedly works in the Southwest Division and shot and killed a man during an altercation after feeling threatened.

The injured were transported to a local hospital and are reported to be in stable condition.

Witnesses at the scene told CBSLA reporter Nicole Comstock they heard an argument before hearing seven or eight shots.

The investigation is currently ongoing, but the officer is not currently in custody as investigators look into what may have prompted the shooting including the possibility of self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Apparently the shooter was an off duty police officer.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...s-fire-coscto/

Off-Duty LAPD Officer Opens Fire During Argument In Coscto Killing 1, Injuring 3

CORONA (CBSLA) – A shooting involving an off-duty Los Angeles Police Department officer was being investigated Saturday after the officer reportedly fired his gun inside of a Costco in Corona Friday, killing one person and injuring three.

Officers were sent to the scene at 7:46 p.m. after receiving calls of an active shooter inside, according to the Corona Police Department.

Witnesses said the gunfire started when two men got into an argument at the store in Corona.

“From my understanding, from some people we talked to, there was apparently an argument inside. Some type of argument that ensued into a gun battle,” Lt. Jeff Edwards told reporters.

Upon their arrival, officers reported finding one dead and three wounded, including the suspect.

According to CBSLA reporter Joy Benedict, the LAPD had “use of force” investigators at the scene all night as the department conducted their own investigation.

The off-duty LAPD officer reportedly works in the Southwest Division and shot and killed a man during an altercation after feeling threatened.

The injured were transported to a local hospital and are reported to be in stable condition.

Witnesses at the scene told CBSLA reporter Nicole Comstock they heard an argument before hearing seven or eight shots.

The investigation is currently ongoing, but the officer is not currently in custody as investigators look into what may have prompted the shooting including the possibility of self-defense.
    Only cops should have guns!

Yeah I know still being investigated but I’m sure the media narrative will change fast.

(Montgomery County)

No matter how the LAPD spins this, it looks bad.

Option 1: Only off duty police are allowed to protect themselves from crazed maniacs.
    Option 2: Off duty cop was a crazed maniac.

Which option will they go with?

(Bucks County)

Dunno what happened, but I'm glad to see off-duty police officers are exempt from No Guns Allowed rules just like bad guys.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    No matter how the LAPD spins this, it looks bad.

Option 1: Only off duty police are allowed to protect themselves from crazed maniacs.
    Option 2: Off duty cop was a crazed maniac.

Which option will they go with?
    Even CNN is now admitting the cop was holding his child at the time he was assaulted and the attack was unprovoked.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/us/co...ing/index.html

And not that it should matter what someone looks like but the attacker also had a Mohawk. I think I would like to see a picture of this outstanding citizen.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Even CNN is now admitting the cop was holding his child at the time he was assaulted and the attack was unprovoked.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/us/co...ing/index.html

And not that it should matter what someone looks like but the attacker also had a Mohawk. I think I would like to see a picture of this outstanding citizen.
    ... and his two pals.

More info

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-o...0aH39Cg7fk9ow/

Off-Duty Cop Kills Mentally Disabled Unarmed Man in Costco, Claims Self-Defense
    Carlos Miller

From left to right, Russel and Paola French and their son Kenneth French, who was killed by an off-duty LAPD officers. His parents were also shot and are in criticial condition at a hospital.
    The cop claimed he was attacked. Witnesses only report an argument before shots were fired.

An off-duty Los Angeles police officer shot and killed a mentally disabled man who he claims attacked him inside a Southern California Costco Friday.

The cop whose name has not been released also shot the man's parents who are now in critical condition at a local hospital. The cop was said to have been holding a child when he pulled out his gun and fired.

Corona police apparently took the word of the cop, telling local media he had been "attacked" by the man "without provocation" because all the witnesses interviewed so far by local media describe only an "argument" preceding the gunshots.

In fact, police initially told media that witnesses had told them an argument led to the shooting.

​“From my understanding, from some people we talked to, there was apparently an argument inside. Some type of argument that ensued into a gun battle,” Lt. Jeff Edwards told reporters.

They even initially claimed they had a man in custody but perhaps that was before they discovered he was a Brother in Blue, which changed everything.

​The cop was said to have shot at least six times, killing the mentally ill man who was identified as Kenneth French, who was 32 years old.

Witnesses initially thought it was another mass shooting and rushed the doors in a panic, leaving many personal belongings behind, including phones and purses.

French's cousin, Rick Shureih, took to the Facebook to express his anger over the shooting, saying his family members were the real victims, not the cop who is being made out to be the hero and the victim.

I’m not keeping quiet about this! People need to know! This is my family! These are the victims of the Costco shooting the other night. My cousin Kenneth was killed and his parents, my aunt & uncle were also both shot and are in ICU. Do they look intimidating to you? Did he really have to shoot them all? I’m posting this picture because the stories on social media have made them out to be the suspects, and the off duty cop the victim. This is a family that was unarmed and was just grocery shopping. Truth will come out! I’m sure this was a misunderstanding that got escalated for no reason! If anyone was a witness please get in contact with us.

Shureih was also interviewed by the Riverside Press-Enterprise where he described his cousin as a "gentle giant" who was mentally disabled.

“He just goes with the flow, he‘s a gentle giant,” Shureih said of his cousin during an interview in his Riverside County-area home, located east of Corona, on Sunday. Shureih lives a few miles from his aunt and uncle’s house, where Kenneth also lived.

Shureih said Sunday that Kenneth French was “non-violent, non-aggressive, non-verbal,” and “he has to be pretty much monitored,” Shureih said, still speaking of his cousin in the present tense during the interview. “He’s not the kind to trade words, so I don’t believe that a verbal confrontation happened.”

Next-door neighbor Marlon Calimlim said he only learned of Kenneth’s disability when he heard it on news reports after the shooting.

“They are a very nice couple…I can’t believe that a policeman would fire seven to eight shots,” he said, referring to the number of shots that Costco shoppers told reporters they heard in the store.

The neighbor said he could not recall Kenneth French ever challenging anyone or being aggressive. “They have been here four or five years. There was never an incident like that,” Calimlim said.​

This is the statement provided by Corona police:​

​Investigation has confirmed an off-duty Los Angeles Police Department Officer was shopping at Costco with his family. Without provocation, a male unknown to the officer’s family assaulted the officer while the officer was holding his young child. This attack resulted in the officer firing his weapon, striking the male and two of the male's family members. The family members are being treated at local hospitals and are in critical condition. The off duty officer was transported to a local hospital, where he was treated and released. The off duty officer’s child was not injured during this incident. The Riverside County Coroners Office has identified the deceased male as 32 year-old Kenneth French from Riverside.

​The Los Angeles Police Department said it is conducting an administrative investigation into the matter.

One of the men involved in the shooting was described as wearing a mohawk but it is not clear at this time if it was the cop or French, who is not wearing a mohawk in any of his photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RTF92.5 View Post
    ... and his two pals.
    here is a picture of the 3 who were shot put out by a relative.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast