Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Primaries

Default Re: 2020 Primaries

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(York County)

I saw my first (democratic) presidential campaign commercial last night. Some guy named Tom Steyer (I think that was his name). I was like, "Who is this guy?" Then I saw the "Democrat" under his name and that was all I needed to know.

Just another white SJW Billionaire that no one wants to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    I saw my first (democratic) presidential campaign commercial last night. Some guy named Tom Steyer (I think that was his name). I was like, "Who is this guy?" Then I saw the "Democrat" under his name and that was all I needed to know.
    Thomas Fahr Steyer (born June 27, 1957) is an American billionaire, hedge fund manager, philanthropist, environmentalist, liberal activist, and fundraiser.[2] He is a candidate in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries.[3]

Steyer is the founder and former co-senior-managing-partner of Farallon Capital and the co-founder of Onecalifornia Bank, which became (through merger) Beneficial State Bank, an Oakland–based community development bank.[2] Farallon Capital manages $20 billion in capital for institutions and high-net-worth individuals. The firm's institutional investors include college endowments and foundations.[2] Since 1986, Steyer has been a partner and member of the executive committee at Hellman & Friedman, a San Francisco–based $8 billion private equity firm.

In 2010, Steyer and his wife signed The Giving Pledge to donate half of their fortune to charity during their lifetime. In 2012, he sold his stake in and retired from Farallon Capital. Switching his focus to politics and the environment, he launched NextGen America, a nonprofit organization that supports progressive positions on climate change, immigration, health care, and education.[4]
    Born Thomas Fahr Steyer
    June 27, 1957 (age 62)
    New York City, New York, U.S.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix01 View Post
    He is a billionaire who has been spending millions on "Impeach Trump"

he had a fund that most of his money was made in European coal mines that with his investment increased coal production by 7 million tons.

he is now a climate activist on top of his impeachment platform

(Carbon County)

New York Times can’t bring itself to admit that African Americans are wary of supporting a homosexual presidential candidate like Pete Buttigieg

By Thomas Lifson

The New York Times is trying to explain the almost total lack of black support for Peter Buttigieg without a mention of his homosexuality.

The Times beclowns itself today with a long article titled, “Pete Buttigieg Is Struggling With Black Democrats. Here’s Why,” that doesn’t even mention widespread negative attitudes among African Americans toward homosexual behavior.

The only mention of sexuality at all comes 40 paragraphs into a 41-paragraph story, when the article notes:

And Mark Barbee, the first black mayor of Bridgeport, Pa., is, like Mr. Buttigieg, an openly gay millennial mayor. He endorsed Mr. Buttigieg in September and said the 2020 campaign was too unpredictable to write off Mr. Buttigieg’s ability to win over black voters.

That’s it, the only reference to Buttigieg’s sexuality.

Buttigieg has made no secret at all of his sexual preference, even kissing Chasten, to whom he is legally married, at campaign events:

YouTube screen grab

The rest of the article principally discusses Buttigieg’s record as mayor of South Bend and the problems with police relations with the black community, and other aspects of Buttigieg’s record on race, including his recent “Douglass Plan.”

This is willful blindness, based on an aversion to facing a fundamental fissure among the various identity groups to whom the Democrats pander. The concept of “intersectionality” was invented to paper over the very real conflicts among factions basing their claims on victimhood, attempting to unite them against their “oppressors.”

African-Americans occupy a unique status as victims owing to the history of slavery and its aftermath. For sanctimonious outlets like the Times, criticizing blacks as a group for negative characteristics that are more predominant than among other groups is unthinkable. Thus, labeling African-Americans, including the clergy who play a prominent role in shaping politics and thinking, as “homophobic” is out of the question – at least for now.

This is not the only taboo around discussing the political impact of Buttigieg’s sexuality on his candidacy. The article notes:

The South Bend, Ind., mayor has surged to first place in some Iowa polls and has built a big-money fund-raising operation that is the strongest in the Democratic presidential field.

But nowhere is any discussion of the role of his homosexual identity in generating generous support from homosexuals and others who anxiously desire an openly homosexual president with a “first partner” of the same sex.

It was obvious to me from the outset that Buttigieg would be able to raise endless donations from people who see this as a crowning achievement of the movement to normalize homosexuality. And that expectation has been met, though very few people are willing to openly state that this would be the case.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...buttigieg.html

(Carbon County)

PickingPA Guest

Bloomberg just made it official, he’s in

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Bloomberg just made it official, he’s in
    And now this: big surprise there.
    NEW YORK (AP) — With Mike Bloomberg now running for president, the news service that bears his name will not investigate him or any of his Democratic rivals, and Bloomberg Opinion will no longer run unsigned editorials.

Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait shared the new rules in a note to his news organization's 2,700 journalists and analysts Sunday. The announcement came shortly after the former New York City mayor announced his campaign.

Micklethwait said there's no point trying to claim that covering the campaign will be easy with the boss involved.

He said that minus the investigative work, Bloomberg will continue to cover the campaign much like it always has. He rejected the view that Bloomberg News not write about the boss at all, saying it has handled conflicts in the past.
    https://www.wfmz.com/news/ap/ap-busi...0b0502fbb.html
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

It's going to be fun watching the Dems eat each other alive.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast