Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Cops use Narcan to revive man... he start shooting once revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Every addict had a first time. The first time is a choice, not driven by addiction, and while ignoring ample warning information. To label that first time a "mistake" is BS. A mistake is when you turn a wrong knob thinking it is the right one.
    In the last half dozen years a huge percentage started with a script from a doctor. I've seen boatloads that started after a rotator cuff repair, a car wreck, knee surgery, a trip to the VA. Most of what is posted here is rhetoric and bullshit not based on science , neuro-science, genetics or psychology. We're a group that loves science and statistics when it fits our agenda but reject it when it disagrees with archaic beliefs.

If the crisis is easing up then probably some of the newer intervention methods and harm reduction along with medically assisted treatment is having some affect.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    In the last half dozen years a huge percentage started with a script from a doctor. I've seen boatloads that started after a rotator cuff repair, a car wreck, knee surgery, a trip to the VA. Most of what is posted here is rhetoric and bullshit not based on science , neuro-science, genetics or psychology. We're a group that loves science and statistics when it fits our agenda but reject it when it disagrees with archaic beliefs.

If the crisis is easing up then probably some of the newer intervention methods and harm reduction along with medically assisted treatment is having some affect.
    Or things were exaggerated in the first place.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

Once upon a time I had heard that all deaths were cause by heart failure. This is not to say what caused the heart to stop. But death by heart failure is factually correct. A year or so ago I was told by my primary doctor that if you took a pain pill for more than three days that you are an addict. I've taken tramadol off and on for years. I am not addicted to it. My knee bothers me a take one a day sometimes two. When the knee does not hurt I don't take one. It's better than twelve or fifteen Tylenol a day.

Anyway changing a definition to suit an agenda does not make it so.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Warren County)

Then we don't save anybody with a self inflicted disease and there are tons of them.
    Yeah. And..... is there a problem in there somewhere?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The family's suffering from the abuse the addict puts on a family is over and the healing will begin without the use of Narcan. Administering Narcan prolongs the abuse of the family. Ne're do wells should consider this before reviving a person that just overdosed on an opioid. I know two people that have died from opioid overdoses and the families of both were grief stricken by their deaths but the continued suffering from the abuses they had to endure was over.
    Let’s not forget the other residents of the local community that no longer have to come home to homes broken into and looted for money to obtain the next fix.

(Tioga County)

I've seen a lot of drug and alcohol addicts in my life going back to my childhood and I can't think of any where it started all innocently. Everyone in the world knows what the end result is of sticking a needle in your arm and all these people made their choices, some with fatal or terminal results.

Can I believe there is someone out there that started taking painkillers after a car crash and ended up an addict? Yes I think there is that probability but again I find people that want to be scumbags will be.

I think the reason why the crisis is easing up is Fentanyl laced strains are doing people in and scaring the crap out of others to get it together.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I've seen a lot of drug and alcohol addicts in my life going back to my childhood and I can't think of any where it started all innocently. Everyone in the world knows what the end result is of sticking a needle in your arm and all these people made their choices, some with fatal or terminal results.

Can I believe there is someone out there that started taking painkillers after a car crash and ended up an addict? Yes I think there is that probability but again I find people that want to be scumbags will be.

I think the reason why the crisis is easing up is Fentanyl laced strains are doing people in and scaring the crap out of others to get it together.
    And if I only go by my own perception (I knew an addict) when I look out over the ocean I can see the world is flat and if I sail to the east I'll fall off where the sun comes up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    They said on the local news that opioid deaths are down 40% since last year.

That's pretty significant in my opinion. Not sure "crisis" even applies at this point, but others will disagree.
    Someone tell Governor Wolf.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

In general families have a hard time understanding substance abuse disorder. Mainly because of the chaos and storm they've been through or are in the middle of. Until I took a step back and set on a journey of research and helping I too didn't get it.
    Oh yeah? What helping do you do that makes you "get it?"
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Tioga County)

And if I only go by my own perception (I knew an addict) when I look out over the ocean I can see the world is flat and if I sail to the east I'll fall off where the sun comes up in the morning.
    I was standing at the Atlantic Ocean yesterday and it's pretty obvious there is a slight curve and that the world is not flat. It's pretty obvious sticking drugs in your body is not going to end well. If anyone thinks heroin is going to end well then they were too dumb to begin with.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast