Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Cops use Narcan to revive man... he start shooting once revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    I will defer to your expertise obviously the research you did for your PHD exceeds the findings of the people I was listening to.
    Never said I was an expert (because I don't care enough about addicts to become one); I said you were blinded.

Carry on, Dudley Do-Right. Hopefully you don't end up like Mitch Lundgaard.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frizratz View Post
    About two months ago, one of the locals here was revived three times over the course of 2 days.
    He was pissed that the Narcan ruined his high.
    Three times in two days.
    What is the magic number when the EMT's can call it ?
    Seems like an attempted suicide to me.

Cops should be 302ing his ass. Someone wants to do drugs, I'm all for it. However attempting to kill yourself is not legal. Someone who is properly trained should be determining his mental status and if it was an accidental overdose to attempt to harm himself.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Carbon County)

shows whole encounter from EMT's getting on the bus to the end

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Chester County)

In the last half dozen years a huge percentage started with a script from a doctor. I've seen boatloads that started after a rotator cuff repair, a car wreck, knee surgery, a trip to the VA.....
    Although that is true, most drug addicts have underlying mental health issues and use drugs to cope with them. Even if you take injuries and accidents out of the equation, it really is only a matter of time until they get addicted to something anyways.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Berks County)

I've done a few things in my days but I never touched heroin or LSD. That includes drinking every night for a month, diet pills, meth, coke, oxy of some sort and tremidol (sp?) after surgeries and marajuchi. I am not sorry for any of it but I don't miss it either and out of all of them that Tremidol is one that really made me loopy and I'd rather not have to use it again. In every one of those cases I suffered no side effects when I ran out and didn't restock.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Instead of poor Sally, you trot out veterans. It isn't settled science that trauma for example is a leading cause. I've read the abstracts that point to a predisposition to addiction as a likely dominant cause for eventual prescription opioid abuse - ie, it would be something else if not the prescription - but if it makes you feel better to use vets to try to tug at taxpayer heartstrings, go for it.
    A lot of the younger “veteran” drug addicts I encounter were dishonorably discharged due to drugs and were rarely deployed, even more rarely, saw combat. However I often hear from the people they encounter, how that person saw combat or were injured in combat. Then you dig a little deeper and see that person was only stationed in the United States or South Korea or Guam, etc. Drug addicts are compulsive liars. Don’t always believe their stories.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

shows whole encounter from EMT's getting on the bus to the end

Shit that went bad fast.

I know a lot about opiates and addiction. Narcan can be a lifesaver, but its also hell on addicts. It works by stripping off and replacing the opiates in the receptors in the brain, and when that happens to someone with a physical dependence it throws them into instant heavy, intense withdrawal and theyll go to any lengths to feel better. This guy was definitely wanting to get away from that situation so he could go get more morphine (think thats what he said he took). Take someone whos predisposed to violence (assuming that since hes carrying a gun illegally), who just came back from the verge of death, who is confused and distraught, throw them into instant precipitated withdrawal which is pure misery and suffering, and then try to restrict their ability to go get well, which theyll do anything to do, and youve got a pretty good cocktail for violence. This one just happened to have a gun.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Shit that went bad fast.

I know a lot about opiates and addiction. Narcan can be a lifesaver, but its also hell on addicts. It works by stripping off and replacing the opiates in the receptors in the brain, and when that happens to someone with a physical dependence it throws them into instant heavy, intense withdrawal and theyll go to any lengths to feel better. This guy was definitely wanting to get away from that situation so he could go get more morphine (think thats what he said he took). Take someone whos predisposed to violence (assuming that since hes carrying a gun illegally), who just came back from the verge of death, who is confused and distraught, throw them into instant precipitated withdrawal which is pure misery and suffering, and then try to restrict their ability to go get well, which theyll do anything to do, and youve got a pretty good cocktail for violence. This one just happened to have a gun.
    Probably would have been better for everyone involved if they had placed a tourniquet on his neck rather than using the narcan. It would have at least saved the life of an innocent person.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
    Shit that went bad fast.

I 2nd all the above.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Then we don't save anybody with a self inflicted disease and there are tons of them.
    You make that sound like a bad thing. WE never agreed to help anyone.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast