Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Cops use Narcan to revive man... he start shooting once revived.

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    Someone must be paying for it. Is it our tax dollars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    FIFY
    I should have said, free of charge to those requesting it. But, yes tax payers are paying for it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    In the last half dozen years a huge percentage started with a script from a doctor. I've seen boatloads that started after a rotator cuff repair, a car wreck, knee surgery, a trip to the VA. Most of what is posted here is rhetoric and bullshit not based on science , neuro-science, genetics or psychology. We're a group that loves science and statistics when it fits our agenda but reject it when it disagrees with archaic beliefs.

If the crisis is easing up then probably some of the newer intervention methods and harm reduction along with medically assisted treatment is having some affect.

You remind me of the liberal politician who finds a single mother with a sob story to stand on stage with him so he can decry proposed cuts to some social service that's ripe with fraud. Instead of considering the cost to honest people who fund the program and dealing with the actual issues to try to find solutions, all we hear is "you conservatives want poor Sally here to die". So of course the fraud continues and the taxpayers pay more and more because we can't risk old hurting ol' Sally.

Fact is, most addicts are addicts because of poor decision making and the percentage that is "accidentally" addicted has got to be negligible.

At the end of the day - as shown by this story - we're helping people who have decided not to be productive members of society often at the detriment of law-abiding, good people. In this case, the good guy died unnecessarily while the POS will continue to be a drain on society for the rest of his worthless life. Find me one productive, honest person who thinks the outcome was just or who would have been upset if the responders "couldn't find" the Narcan to administer.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Oh yeah? What helping do you do that makes you "get it?"
    I've been to dozens and dozens of seminars, lectures and classes on the subject. I've been involved with a number of 12 step programs. I've run a family program.
    I attend the county task force meeting monthly. I've gotten dozens into rehabs.
    I realized early on there was a disconnect between rehabs, researchers and doctors so I set out to learn as much as I could from all sources.
    Last edited by Exbiker; June 16th, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post

Fact is, most addicts are addicts because of poor decision making and the percentage that is "accidentally" addicted has got to be negligible.
    "Fact is"
    Is it fact because you choose to believe it or science supports your beliefs? Sounds like the way liberals approach gun control.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    "Fact is"
    Is it fact because you choose to believe it or science supports your beliefs? Sounds like the way liberals approach gun control.

Hardly just my belief. The vast majority of prescription medication users will stop taking them voluntarily and most who don't stop are making a conscious choice. Countless reputable sources will tell you all you need to know regarding that FACT but you've already made your decision and BELIEVE that most addicts are just victims. If you think you're doing something noble, go nuts. But I wish folks like you would "help" with your own money. I'd rather see my tax money given to the families of the victims of these addicts rather than enabling the addicts to keep doing more of the same

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe procedure should be now that they get handcuffed before treatment. I've seen a lot of videos of cops handcuffing corpses.
    Yes... this isn't a comment on narcan or drug addicts, but good police tactics. Not every addict is violent. Most aren't. That doesn't mean you should make yourelves vulnerable.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    Yes... this isn't a comment on narcan or drug addicts, but good police tactics. Not every addict is violent. Most aren't. That doesn't mean you should make yourelves vulnerable.
    Agreed.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Hardly just my belief. The vast majority of prescription medication users will stop taking them voluntarily and most who don't stop are making a conscious choice. Countless reputable sources will tell you all you need to know regarding that FACT but you've already made your decision and BELIEVE that most addicts are just victims. If you think you're doing something noble, go nuts. But I wish folks like you would "help" with your own money. I'd rather see my tax money given to the families of the victims of these addicts rather than enabling the addicts to keep doing more of the same
    Facts really? No I don't believe they are victims but explain the large and disproportionate number of military veterans that have a substance abuse disorder.
    According to science the 3 biggest risk factors are genetics, trauma and mental illness.

Just like a liberal you confuse facts with your beliefs and opinions.

(Lehigh County)

Ban Narcan it's for the children we shouldn't mess with mother nature.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    Ban Narcan it's for the children we shouldn't mess with mother nature.
    Agreed and ban insulin, nitro, antibiotics, vaccines, antihistamines, bronchodilators, defibrillators and anything else that messes with mother natures. Holy crap least we not forget to ban chemotherapy, totally not natural or part of nature.
    Last edited by Exbiker; June 16th, 2019 at 01:57 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast