Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Cops use Narcan to revive man... he start shooting once revived.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    In an ambulance we only carried cravats not cuffs. We'd use them to tie loose restraints that a docile patient probably wouldn't notice, but if they became violent and struggled the knot would tighten. Rule #1 was do not let a one patient scene turn into 2 or more patients that included us EMS volunteers. Back when I started 20+ years ago we always had Narcan on board. Now that the life saving affects of Narcan (however undeserving the life may be of saving) is making headlines LE agencies are training officers on how to use it and having them carry it in their patrol cars, but clearly (at least not in this case) not about the violent tendencies of reviving an OD it can bring about.

ETA: I may be slow, but eventually I get there. Yes, maybe taking a little more time to carefully apply restraints, for the safety of the patient of course, would be equally effective in preventing additional patients after administering Narcan as strapping them down.
    Narcan is being made available to the general public, free of charge, in certain areas.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Narcan is being made available to the general public, free of charge, in certain areas.
    Someone must be paying for it. Is it our tax dollars?
    Live Free or Die! FJB!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Narcan is being made available to the general public, at Walleye's expense, in certain areas.
    FIFY
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by chkrdflg View Post
    Someone must be paying for it. Is it our tax dollars?
    What don't you understand about free? It's just free, just like free college and free healthcare.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

No good deed goes unpunished.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

The family's suffering from the abuse the addict puts on a family is over and the healing will begin without the use of Narcan. Administering Narcan prolongs the abuse of the family. Ne're do wells should consider this before reviving a person that just overdosed on an opioid. I know two people that have died from opioid overdoses and the families of both were grief stricken by their deaths but the continued suffering from the abuses they had to endure was over.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Might even want to fumble with those handcuffs, trying to get them on for ten or fifteen minutes while you're at it.

The last I heard alcoholics were not eligible for liver transplants.

Unless your Mickey Mantle.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The "opioid crisis" seems like a self correcting problem if we just let it sort itself out.

Said as someone that lost family to heroin overdose.
    They said on the local news that opioid deaths are down 40% since last year.

That's pretty significant in my opinion. Not sure "crisis" even applies at this point, but others will disagree.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The "opioid crisis" seems like a self correcting problem if we just let it sort itself out.

Said as someone that lost family to heroin overdose.
    I remember in my rural area around 2014 seemed to be when the "opioid crisis" was peaking in my area. We started to have a lot of petty and violent crime that we had never seen before along with junkies passed out in parking lots and other drugged out behavior. It seemed to be getting pretty crazy and out of control.

Then Fentanyl laced heroin hit the area and people started dropping dead frequently and once that started happening it seemed self correcting. Within a year the vast majority of the petty and violent crime along with all the reports of people using drugs seemed to drop off significantly. Obviously there is always a bit of it that goes on regardless. Always gonna be stupid people out there.

Based on all my life experience and knowledge, the only thing I have seen work with these people is hard consequences. Yes some of these folks will die but it's the only way for people to "get it". Reanimating them so they can continue to do the same thing doesn't correct their behavior.

(Bucks County)

Every addict had a first time. The first time is a choice, not driven by addiction, and while ignoring ample warning information. To label that first time a "mistake" is BS. A mistake is when you turn a wrong knob thinking it is the right one.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast