Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Cops use Narcan to revive man... he starts shooting once revived.

This is messed up. The cops used Narcan to revive someone, when revived he took out a gun, killed a firefighter and took a woman hostage.

https://fox11online.com/news/local/h...oting-released

'Heart-wrenching' footage of fatal firefighter shooting released
    APPLETON, Wis. (WLUK) -- The police body camera footage, pieced together with 911 calls, photos and scanner activity paint a terrifying picture of what occurred the afternoon of May 15, leading to the death of Appleton firefighter Mitch Lundgaard.

It all started off as a call for help.

“I have a person on the Lamers bus. I don’t know if he’s having...or sleeping, or having some kind of seizure, or something, but we need an ambulance as soon as possible,” the 911 caller said.

Outagamie County District Attorney Melinda Tempelis said in a news conference Thursday that Ruben Houston was on a bus traveling from Milwaukee to Wausau which had stopped in Appleton. When the bus arrived, other passengers noticed Houston was unresponsive and breathing abnormally, and called 911.

Firefighters were the first to arrive at the Valley Transit Center to assist Houston who the bus driver and passengers said appeared to be having a seizure.

In a matter of minutes, that standard medical call would turn deadly.

After Houston is rendered aid and off the bus, bodycam footage shows officers trying to convince Houston to go to the hospital. Seconds later, Houston is seen walking back, before firing the shots, one of them being the deadly shot into Lundgaard.

The bodycam footage is from Sgt. Christopher Biese and Officer Paul Christensen’s point of view. Christensen was shot during that confrontation, along with Lundgaard.

Police rushed to take cover. Both Christensen and Biese fired multiple shots at Houston. Houston was hit, and officers moved in to handcuff him, once he threw the gun away.

When officers have Houston safely in custody, they start tending to 30-year-old Brittany Schowalter. Police say Houston used her as a human shield, during the shootout with police. Schowalter was hit in the leg and the head -- likely by officers.

Paramedics rushed to get her on stretcher. Biese helped secure her and carry her to an ambulance so she could be taken to the hospital.

In another 911 call, paramedics could be heard enroute to ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, working on Lundgaard.

“We got a firefighter down; shot. CPR's in progress; CPR in progress,” the medic said.

Police learned that Lundgaard died later that night.

Appleton Police Chief Todd Thomas says it was heart-wrenching.

After looking through the body camera footage from that night, heart- and gut-wrenching is exactly what it is.

Thomas says the department will follow protocol before clearing the officers for regular duties.

Schowalter was released from the hospital last week. Tempelis and Thomas did not have details on how she is doing in her recovery.
    Last edited by internet troll; June 14th, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Cops use Narcan to revive man... he start shooting once revived.

Just....wow.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Tioga County)

It's time to stop reanimating all these worthless toads.

(Lancaster County)

Maybe procedure should be now that they get handcuffed before treatment. I've seen a lot of videos of cops handcuffing corpses.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Gee I guess there is a big difference between helping someone who decided to get clean and injecting random overdose junkies with narcan. Who da thunk?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

Part of my EMT training was to restrain ODs before administering Narcan because there's a 50/50 chance when they come out of the haze they're gonna come out swinging.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Gee I guess there is a big difference between helping someone who decided to get clean and injecting random overdose junkies with narcan. Who da thunk?
    Then we don't save anybody with a self inflicted disease and there are tons of them.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Part of my EMT training was to restrain ODs before administering Narcan because there's a 50/50 chance when they come out of the haze they're gonna come out swinging.
    Might even want to fumble with those handcuffs, trying to get them on for ten or fifteen minutes while you're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Then we don't save anybody with a self inflicted disease and there are tons of them.
    The last I heard alcoholics were not eligible for liver transplants.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Starting to think maybe we'd be better off, even with a few unintended casualties.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Allegheny County)

I bet the victims get used as numbers for BOTH "gun violence" AND "opioid epidemic" statistics.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast