Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Does anyone have a Smith & Wesson Model 63 (prefererably the 8 shot version)

If yes what do you think? How about an objective report? I'm considering one for my wife. So far from my collection she seems most comfortable with my Dad's old S&W J-frame Hand Ejector in .32 S&W Long. She can make do with my K-frame .38s but likes the J-Frame fit better. She doen't like my semi-autos, not even the Browning 1911-380. There aren't any "renting ranges" within a hundred miles of here so as much as I like that idea it just isn't practical.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Default Re: Does anyone have a Smith & Wesson Model 63 (prefererably the 8 shot version)

Got the good ol' 6-shot. Great little revolver. Wolff spring kit made the trigger so sweet. I always said I'd sell it when I bought my Colt Diamondback .22. But I haven't , yet.

P1010019_02.JPG
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Does anyone have a Smith & Wesson Model 63 (prefererably the 8 shot version)

I had a six shot for many years. It would be a good pick as a fun little gun, that is easy to shoot, so I would vote in favor.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Got the good ol' 6-shot. Great little revolver. Wolff spring kit made the trigger so sweet.
    Looks great! I hope it gives you many years of great service. How far did you go with the Wolff springs? Does it use a flat mainspring like the K-fames or a coil spring? Did you replace the trigger rebound spring also?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Looks great! I hope it gives you many years of great service. How far did you go with the Wolff springs? Does it use a flat mainspring like the K-fames or a coil spring? Did you replace the trigger rebound spring also?
    J-frames use a coil mainspring , and yes , I replaced the rebound spring also. Forget the exact poundage.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!