Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt Gold Cup

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Colt Gold Cup

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Wow , you shoulda been around back when I was an active bullseye and service pistol competitor!
    I probably was though on a different team. Umm on second thought I was probably a decade or so before you.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

I finally had time to clean the gold cup. It was bad, compared to how I keep my guns. I took the FLGR out and was going to put the original gr back in (was going to are key here). The slide was out and I was fitting the GR in just seeing how everything fit. The GR and spring took off. I hear zoing, boing, crunch from the other side of the room. I put the FLGR that came with the gun back in. When I finished I found the GR and spring sitting on my computer desk on the other side of the room. The flat screen was turned just a little bit on the desk. I have had 1911s for over 10 yrs and never had that happen before.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Mainspring cap didn't have the tab to screw the spring end into? That keeps this from happening.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

I thought I would do an update on the gold cup.
    I tried all 3 mags that came with the gun and several types of ammo and had no fail to feed or fail to eject. The mags went in and out with out any issues. I did have a couple of shots that went off before I was ready. All of those shots were high but still on the paper. The trigger is smooth and the trigger pull is lighter than what I am use to. The trigger breaks cleanly.
    I have not had my Ruger P89DC out in quite a while so I brought it to the range with me. I know I should not be surprised but I was with how much better the Gold cup was in comparison to the Ruger.
    The 9mm the Ruger is sure felt wimpie compared to the .45acp.
    I think I am going to add a fiber optic front post to the gold cup. These old eyes would be able to see the front sight better then.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    I tried all 3 mags that came with the gun and several types of ammo and had no fail to feed or fail to eject. The mags went in and out with out any issues. I did have a couple of shots that went off before I was ready. All of those shots were high but still on the paper. The trigger is smooth and the trigger pull is lighter than what I am use to. The trigger breaks cleanly.
    I have not had my Ruger P89DC out in quite a while so I brought it to the range with me. I know I should not be surprised but I was with how much better the Gold cup was in comparison to the Ruger.
    I think I am going to add a fiber optic front post to the gold cup. These old eyes would be able to see the front sight better then.
    Thanks for the update! I hope you and the GC have a long and happy "friendship"! In your search for a fiber optic front sight, take a look at Dawson Precision, I dealt with them and they are a good outfit. For whatever reason I find the chartreuse green rods easier for me to see. https://dawsonprecision.com/gun-sigh...n-front-sight/

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Elk County)

Human eyes are attracted to chartreuse green/yellow because it is exactly in the center of the visible (to humans) light spectrum. In fact, it is almost impossible for a human NOT to look at an object that color, once detected even peripherally. Next time you see a Penn dot worker, try to resist looking at the green/yellow shirt.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    That's great to hear. I am glad Colt is still making nice 1911's. My Colts are my favorites and only remaining 1911's. Never had a problem with them either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123