Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Gun company goes broke because of Trump

Can't blame them for hedging their bets that Hillary would win. I think a lot of people here might have stocked up also thinking she would win.

Trump is why it's a buyers market right now with cheap prices on guns and ammo. Stock up now because you don't know when a Beto, Sanders or Harris might get into the presidency returning us to a post Sandy Hook market.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...trumps-victory

Firearms distributor files for bankruptcy, says gun sales dropped when Trump became president

firearms distributor filed for bankruptcy protection Monday saying sales were affected after President Trump was elected president.

United Sports Cos (USC) said it planned to liquidate its holdings citing excessive debt and inventory. The company, which served 20,000 in the U.S., also cited “significant disruptions” in other retailers, such as Bass Pro Shop buying Cabela in 2017, Reuters Opens a New Window. reported.

The company banked on Hillary Clinton winning the election and boosted its inventory before the race, CEO Bradley Johnson said in a court filing with the U.S. bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Del. Sales of firearms slowed dramatically after the election of Trump as president in 2016 allayed fears of a Democratic crackdown on gun owners, The Associated Press reported in March 2018.

The company expected higher sales but Clinton lost the election. Johnson said sales fell from an average of $885.3 million from 2012 to 2016 to $557 million in 2018. According to its petition, USC said it had “between $100 million and $500 million in liabilities,” Reuters reported.

Following the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February 2018, Dick’s Sporting Goods announced it would stop selling firearms at its stores. Last year, Remington Outdoor Co. went bankrupt.

USC, founded in 1933, carries brands such as Remington, Smith & Wesson and Glock. The company, which also sells outdoor equipment, was the “largest distributor of firearms in the U.S.” a few years ago, according to Bloomberg. However, Wellspring Capital Management, the company’s largest equity owner, “cashed out” more than $183 million “through dividend recapitalization deals in 2012 and 2013,” Bloomberg Opens a New Window. reported.

USC blamed mismanagement at Wellspring for its decline. The company said Wellspring “appointed fiduciaries who grossly mismanaged the business and depleted all reserves necessary to weather the storms and the headwinds the business would face,” Bloomberg reported.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gun company goes broke because of Trump

I got to say it sounds like corruption and greed. Looking to gouge the market they got terminated. Keep an eye on cdnnn for the deals.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Monroe County)

They also refused to sell to FFL's like me. Fuck them they were the Dicks of wholesalers among others.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

Damn Trump I'm voting for Biden because he'll bring back bump stocks and be much better for the 2nd amendment. Low prices on guns and huge quantities of ammo does nothing to improve on our 2nd amendment issues. When is Trump going to help us out? Go Bitter Biden/Pocohontas 2020
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Thats what you get for "banking" on a child trafficker to be president.

(Bucks County)

I think the business caved inn because it was poorly run and Trump had nothing to do with it. However, it woud be nice if DJT actually took even a tiny pro 2A action.

Quote Originally Posted by 105gunner View Post
    I think the business caved inn because it was poorly run and Trump had nothing to do with it. However, it woud be nice if DJT actually took even a tiny pro 2A action.

He did sign a bill rescinding an Obama err law that affected the rights of some which could be considered Tony pro 2nd action. He has also promised to veto any anti legislation that makes it to his desk so there's that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna727221

(Delaware County)

Sounds like they took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Trump had nothing to do with it...greed, pure and simple.

Can't even count the number of firearms distributors that I've done business with in over 35yrs of dealing with guns. The market is saturated. Upstarts close up first.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

I bought guns after Trump was elected. It has to do with wants and needs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast