Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gun company goes broke because of Trump

Took me bit of research to recognize the company in the article. It's the former Jerry's Sports, and several others. I'm sorry to see any business fail, and feel bad for the employees who will lose their jobs. However, as Rosco pointed out, they were PITA to deal with. It seemed as they didn't want bother wholesaling to smaller FFLs such as myself and others. They wanted me to jump through hoops just get an account number to buy from them. At the time I was expanding my supply sources and was setting up with a number of new jobbers, most of whom were more than happy to have my business. I told the office people at Jerry's just that, and that I was not going to jump through hoops and beg them to take my money.
    I guess arrogance, hubris and greed feed the carma monster.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Damn Trump I'm voting for Biden because he'll bring back bump stocks and be much better for the 2nd amendment. Low prices on guns and huge quantities of ammo does nothing to improve on our 2nd amendment issues. When is Trump going to help us out? Go Bitter Biden/Pocohontas 2020
    I think the campaign slogan for Bitter Biden/Pocahontas should be "We'll destroy the economy in no time".
    Gun companies now backing Bitter Biden/Pocahontas, gun sales are too slow. Trump is a poor gun salesman unlike his predecessor who was the best gun salesman in history. Dump Trump vote Bitter Biden/Pocahontas 2020. The 2nd amendment will be their first priority.

I'm sensing a solution to all our gun problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    It isn't greed, it would have been incredibly foolish to not bump up your inventory before the 2016 election. Does nobody remember what stuff was like after sandyhook?
    No problem with bumping the inventory, but a smart businessman doesn't bet the ranch on it.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

So I suppose Red Jacket Firearms was the President's fault too?

Ridiculous to blame him. Other companies are doing well. It's up to each company whether they succeed or not.

Never heard of this company.

"The company banked on Hillary Clinton winning the election and boosted its inventory before the race".

Bad move.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Firearms and ammo are still overpriced. While prices have generally leveled off or come down, still too high. Just my opinion
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Bucks County)

(Bucks County)

Because hedging your bets worked out so well for Gander Mountain, didn't it? Fuck these companies with a limp, dry dick.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Elk County)

Sure, firearm sales are down since Trump's election, but the failure of USC / Ellett Bros / JSC is principally due to poor business judgement on the part of USC which boosted inventory in 2Q-3Q 2016 having bought into MSM's fake polls claiming Clinton had it in the bag. Not only was USC mgmt betting on the come, but they had internal problems as well, such as apparent embezzlement; significant amounts of capital funds "disappeared" during and after the USC buy up of the other gun distributors, when sales tanked and it became clear that red ink dam had burst.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I was still quietly hoping for the return of the $99 Nagant revolver. Oh well.....
    me too.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    It isn't greed, it would have been incredibly foolish to not bump up your inventory before the 2016 election. Does nobody remember what stuff was like after sandyhook?
    Late to the thread, but I recall that .22lr was nowhere to be found. Dock receiving workers at Walmart we’re texting their friends when the shipments came in, (i.e., the stock never made it to the ammo case).

O’Barry sold more firearms and ammo in 8 years than Hillary would have though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast