Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Virginia beach woman disarmed herself the day of the attack.

The gun free policy potentially killed this woman.

Lawyer: Gun-Free Policy Kept Virginia Beach Victim Unarmed on Day of Attack

A lawyer for the family of Virginia Beach victim Kate Nixon says she wanted to bring a gun to work for self-defense on the very day of the shooting but did not because of the gun-free policy.
    Breitbart News reported that the building in which the May 31, Virginia Beach attack occurred had a gun-free policy for city employees. So when the gunman opened fire on fellow employees–11 of his 12 victims were city employees–they could not shoot back.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that one of those victims, Nixon, had expressed concern over the gunman and talked to her husband about carrying a gun to work for self-defense. She allegedly talked to her husband on the night of May 30, discussing the option of carrying the gun on May 31, the day on which the deadly attack occurred.

The family’s attorney, Kevin Martingayle, indicated that Nixon was simply going to hide a pistol in her “handbag” so she would be prepared if something happened. She ultimately decided not to “because of a city policy that prevents employees from bringing weapons to work.”

Nixon was killed on May 31, when the gunman opened fire on unarmed city employees with two handguns. Reuters reported that both handguns were purchased legally.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Virginia beach woman disarmed herself the day of the attack.

Now there's a lawsuit I could get behind.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

We will never know if her possessing a firearm at work would have saved her. We do know, if she was able to deploy the firearm, she might have had a chance. Unfortunately, the "work place" disarmed her and she was unable to implement her Constitutional Right to protect herself and perhaps others.
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Philadelphia County)

Who knows how many others she may have saved if she was able to deploy her weapon?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Who knows how many others she may have saved if she was able to deploy her weapon?
    Even if she did not feel comfortable using her weapon, I am sure there would have been someone in her proximity who would have...just having the chance to use it, if made available, should be an option.

These sorts of 'no guns' policies are dangerous as they come. To be sure, owners of establishments who mark their property 'no guns allowed' are also sure to tell you, if asked, that they are also not liable for your safety either. I was at a beer tasting tour in Wisconsin. The owners of the company proudly posted a sign that said, "No guns allowed on property, And We are not responsible for anyone's safety". I was appalled, but also not surprised.

It's tantamount to: A private boat that forbids passengers from wearing their own life jackets, yet refuses to keep life jackets on the boat. Or like those stories of people whose bikes or Iphones were stolen, they go to the police and tell them who took their property, and are told that the police are too busy to go and retrieve it. The people go and confront the thieves themselves, and then the police go after the victim and scold them for 'taking the law into their own hands'.

You can't do x, and we won't do it for you either. Set up to fail.

(Allegheny County)

"NO GUNS" zones get plenty of people killed.
    When I read this, I thought of the Luby's Diner massacre in Texas all those years ago.

If you're too young to know that name, look it up - search the name Suzanna Hupp and read her horrific story of losing her parents that day - the day she had no means of defense because she had left her gun in her car to comply with the law.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but take 5 minutes to watch this. The look on Schumer's smug face makes my blood boil.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "NO GUNS" zones get plenty of people killed.
    When I read this, I thought of the Luby's Diner massacre in Texas all those years ago.

If you're too young to know that name, look it up - search the name Suzanna Hupp and read her horrific story of losing her parents that day - the day she had no means of defense because she had left her gun in her car to comply with the law.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, but take 5 minutes to watch this. The look on Schumer's smug face makes my blood boil.

Luby’s Diner was exactly what I thought of when I read the article.

(Chester County)

Mass shootings happen in gun free zones for a reason. It is not just a coincidence.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Now there's a lawsuit I could get behind.
    Absolutely.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast