Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bill Maher warning Dems not to make gun control an issue

Basically he’s saying that if the Dems keep bringing attention to them wanting more gun control by making it a central issue, it will push more people who like guns to get out and vote for Trump. I almost get the feeling he’s saying “don’t bring attention to this issue so gun supporters will not feel threatened and be more likely not to get out and vote for Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ore-about-guns

Maher warns Dems not to make gun control a 2020 issue: 'Liberals should learn more about guns'
    9 hours ago

"Real Time" host Bill Maher cautioned Democrats not to make gun control a prominent issue in the 2020 election, urging them not to "die on this hill" if it means losing to President Trump.

During his panel discussion Friday night, Maher listed several issues on which Democrats' stands poll better than Republicans,' such as the environment, education and health care. But he noted that Republicans hold a narrow lead over Democrats on gun policy.

Maher then mentioned President Trump's recent sit-down with British TV personality Pierce Morgan, where the president mentioned that some people own guns for recreational use.

GUN CONTROL RETURNS TO PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN TRAIL AS 2020 DEMS PUSH SWEEPING PLANS

"I don't like guns. Have some, don't like them, have it for [an] emergency, like an antibiotic," Maher told the panel, "but some people do. Lots of people do and their view is, 'Yes there is a violence problem with guns, but not me. And you're going after me.'"

Maher added he had doubts whether solutions proposed by Democrats "would solve the gun problem," and that "to die on this hill and lose an election" was a real possibility because "we've lost elections before on this issue, which is not a winning issue for Democrats."

"What is the option though, not to make it a central part of the campaign?," New York Times columnist Charles Blow asked.

"No," Maher responded. "First of all, liberals should learn more about guns. I don't know much about guns because, again, I don't care, I don't like them, but I hear this from gun people."

The HBO star then mentioned a CNN interview in which 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Cory Booker, D-NJ, was pressed how his gun control plan would have prevented the recent mass shooting in Virginia Beach.

"Cory Booker took a very long time to be able to answer that question," Maher said as he shook his head.

Blow dismissed Maher's criticism, saying the "framing of the question is wrong" and pointed to the 30,000 deaths per year that involve guns that needs preventing.

"You're seriously saying that he shouldn't be able to answer the question as a politician, 'How will your plan specifically stop this problem?'" Maher reacted. "If you did everything that the Democrats wanted... I still think you would have this problem because it's much more complicated than just the mass killers or the type of gun. You're going to be disappointed if you think just doing what they want gun-wise is gonna solve it."

Rep. Katie Porter, D-Calif, pushed back, saying Democrats' gun control efforts were intended to "reduce preventable gun deaths."

"I'm just saying I want to win this election and I want to fight it on the issues we're going to win on," Maher added.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Bill Maher warning Dems not to make gun control an issue

Maher warns Dems not to make gun control a 2020 issue: 'Liberals should learn more about guns'.

Liberals need to learn about the Bill of Rights, and pay attention to the second one on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

The Democrats can't help themselves. They are ideologues and Utopianists. That's what they are selling anyway. They know it's not reality.

Gun Control
    Amnesty for Illegal Aliens (Open Borders)
    Man Made Climate Change "fixes". Taxes, Fees, Surcharges, Cap and Trade, more cost for everything
    LGBT virtue signaling
    Abortion "rights"
    Free College (they are calling it "affordable" now)
    Free Healthcare
    Minimum Wage hikes
    Universal Income

All will be trotted out by the Dems and a LOT of people like it today, especially younger people.
    Last edited by Pilot321; June 8th, 2019 at 11:17 AM.

(Chester County)

I’ve been watching Maher for years on Real Time, despite his liberal politics. He’s a bright guy and often calls out liberals for their hypocrisy and self defeating actions. Ann Coulter is a frequent guest on his show. Justin pointed out recently that Maher is probably fucking her and I agree... opposites really do attract.

The days of Dems hiding their disdain for firearms and the 2A are over. They are ALL going to charge full steam ahead on a platform of Gov paychecks for everything, same day as birth baby killing, and gun control. Some will sprinkle in illegal immigration, white male privilege, LGBTQ rights, and the green agenda here and there depending on their audience.

(Delaware County)

I don’t always agree with Bill, but he calls it right down the line.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Bucks County)

Not always agreeing with his take, I did laugh my ass of watching "Religulouse"
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Bucks County)

I love the old Chinese proverb: "Never stand in the way of an enemy on a path of self destruction." My advice to the Dems. Keep it up you need to dig your gave a bit deeper.

(Berks County)

The same can be said for the Republicans and their assault on the abortion issue.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Bill and the black guy also got into a kerfuffle about SJWs.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast