Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    In the shade of the cooling towers, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Default Mann Music Center

My wife and myself will be going there in 2 weeks. Do they wand or have metal detectors?
    Thanks

Default Re: Mann Music Center

Quote Originally Posted by CJB51 View Post
    My wife and myself will be going there in 2 weeks. Do they wand or have metal detectors?
    Thanks
    Yes to both.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Yes to both.
    25 years ago it was just a open air amphitheater that barely had a front gate.
    That's progress I guess.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    25 years ago it was just a open air amphitheater that barely had a front gate.
    That's progress I guess.
    Still open air with some under cover as it was but they do funnel you through gates now. I just couldn't remember if they wanded me as I was not licensed at the time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I don 't think so. There's shootings every other week in Fairmount Park , especially around the MMC.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I don 't think so. There's shootings every other week in Fairmount Park , especially around the MMC.
    Fairmount Park is a good place for dead bodies to show up butt the MMC is a controlled space within the park. Out in the parking lot would be a different story.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

That section of Fairmount Park is located in the Parkside neighborhood of West Philadelphia. Cold day in hell before I"d go into that section at night time, armed or not. The MMC parking lot is a mugger's paradise, irrespective of where the sun is positioned. I haven't been to MMC in probably 20 years, so I don't know about "security." Last early spring a year ago, I trooped over to the Plateau area to fly my newly acquired Mavic Pro. I decided to leave when a couple of groups of individuals who fit the description of "usual suspects" showed up and began to take waaayyy toooo much interest in me and my drone. I left post haste. I cannot think of any show at MMC that would encourage me to go there. YMMV

TB605

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    That section of Fairmount Park is located in the Parkside neighborhood of West Philadelphia. Cold day in hell before I"d go into that section at night time, armed or not. The MMC parking lot is a mugger's paradise, irrespective of where the sun is positioned. I haven't been to MMC in probably 20 years, so I don't know about "security." Last early spring a year ago, I trooped over to the Plateau area to fly my newly acquired Mavic Pro. I decided to leave when a couple of groups of individuals who fit the description of "usual suspects" showed up and began to take waaayyy toooo much interest in me and my drone. I left post haste. I cannot think of any show at MMC that would encourage me to go there. YMMV

TB605
    I've seen a dozen shows at the Mann over the past 10 years. Not once did I have any problems in the parking lot or around the area - unless you want to count shitty traffic management after the concert. Where I have had problems is in the actual venue. I'm not sure if it's because I'm older and less inclined to suffer fools or if folks are just getting less respectful of others around them, but I have seen an uptick in the number of drunk, loud-mouthed, ignorant people at concerts. And it's not just at the Mann, it's every show now. Even movies. It's to the point where I don't want to bother going anymore.

(Bucks County)

I went to the Mann Center last night for the showing of Star Wars with the Philadelphia Orchestra. They don't allow "weapons" but did not wand or pat down and did not have metal detectors. So once again, the law abiding citizen is left defenseless. I did watch them confiscate a Frisbee from some woman's bag, though. I felt much safer because of that.

Last time I remember going to the Mann was for Santana in 1991 or so. Can you still set up and listen to concerts outside the Mann? Is there any wanding for that?