Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Trump says he still considering "silencer "ban on Piers Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    It was still an expansion with his signature, as opposed to 45.
    If you want to rah rah Obama, that's your business. I'm saying it goes along with the absurd notion that Obama did more for gun rights than Trump. Those idiots that post that shit on Facebook reveal their ignorance. First, Trump ended the very real gun control on SS recipients that were added to the prohibited list. Then we can consider the list below when we discuss pro-gun actions. The final arbiters on laws and their constitutionality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Donald_Trump
    Last edited by unclejumbo; June 7th, 2019 at 11:01 AM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Except the one he signed expanded rights, carry in national parks.
    Keep in mind that was a provision of the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 200. It was not a stand alone bill. The bill had about 20 provision regulating credit cards and this provision was nestled in there. Maybe Obama didn't even know about it.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; June 7th, 2019 at 11:16 AM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    You guys talking about winning battles but losing the war or playing the long game, well this single line summarizes why the war is already lost.

Even guys on a gun forum who claim to be more than Fudds literally write that we can't expect to be "given" every little thing we want. As if an erosion of existing rights and and an expansion of those rights are the same thing. We're not talking about being given national Reciprocity; we're talking about potentially losing suppressors. We as gun owners don't have the will to fight and are brainwashed into thinking we should be happy with whatever we're allowed to keep.

Ray H, your statement is like saying that it's okay your wife of 25 years decided to start banging some other guy instead of you because you can't expect to be given the sex that you were used to for all those years. As long as she agrees to cook you dinner like always, you're not going to complain about not being given every "pissy little thing".

The war is over. Just a matter of how many rights you all are willing to lose before conceding.
    If we lose suppressors, it will be far bigger than Trump. In order to lose suppressors you'll have to have several Republicans in the Senate turn on the 2A and support the ban. First, it would take committee chairman to advance the bill to the floor. Then you'd need 60 Senators to vote for a ban. Then Trump could sign it. You want to protect them, do what you'd do if it was Clinton proposing the ban. Start inundating Senators with "No Suppressor Ban" calls, emails and letters. That's how we fight and it's how we've always fought and won.

Your analogy is off. It's much more like trying to decide to keep the wife of 25 years after she decided to stop giving head. You're still getting sex, love, companionship and a faithful partner, you're losing something you enjoy but isn't critical to the marriage. And, it's not even a done deal, she just said she didn't like giving head. You did lose her sticking a finger in your ass when she's blowing you, your secret little pleasure that you tell all the guys is stupid.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If we lose suppressors, it will be far bigger than Trump. In order to lose suppressors you'll have to have several Republicans in the Senate turn on the 2A and support the ban. First, it would take committee chairman to advance the bill to the floor. Then you'd need 60 Senators to vote for a ban. Then Trump could sign it. You want to protect them, do what you'd do if it was Clinton proposing the ban. Start inundating Senators with "No Suppressor Ban" calls, emails and letters. That's how we fight and it's how we've always fought and won.

Your analogy is off. It's much more like trying to decide to keep the wife of 25 years after she decided to stop giving head. You're still getting sex, love, companionship and a faithful partner, you're losing something you enjoy but isn't critical to the marriage. And, it's not even a done deal, she just said she didn't like giving head. You did lose her sticking a finger in your ass when she's blowing you, your secret little pleasure that you tell all the guys is stupid.

This is the heart of our disagreement I think. What's the point of the Second Amendment in your opinion? Hunting? Self-defense? Target shooting?

If you believe the purpose is to act as a check to runaway government (and I know you believe that), then we've already lost too much that is indeed critical to the purpose and every bit more that we lose just neuters the 2A even more. Like I said, the war is lost.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm old enough to remember voting Ross Perot because Bush 1 wasn't pure enough for me and pissed me off. And I got a 10 year AWB for my reward.
    Back then I held my nose and voted for Bush. I never trusted that insane goof perot. He probably could have won the election if he wouldn’t have dropped out of the race only to re enter at a later time.

I hope Trump’s son, the NRA, and his advisors can talk some sense to him on this issue. I hope his campaign advisors chime in and let him know that with the 2020 election getting close it’s time to drop the gun control talk (for good).

As I said in the very first post, his silencer ban talk is disturbing.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; June 7th, 2019 at 11:50 AM.

(Bucks County)

I sent the President a letter yesterday about my concern for his comments about suppressors. I suggested he speak to people who understand the benefits and truth about suppressors and not listen to people who have an anti-gun agendas about everything. I recommend sending letters to him and all your government representatives.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    You guys do not get this. You want to win skirmishes; while losing the war.
    Look I get it. You don’t own nice things like suppressors so you don’t care. They aren’t going after what effects you personally. Thanks for the no help.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Chester County)

What more can they do with suppressors other than an outright ban? They are already regualeted under NFA.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    I sent the President a letter yesterday about my concern for his comments about suppressors. I suggested he speak to people who understand the benefits and truth about suppressors and not listen to people who have an anti-gun agendas about everything. I recommend sending letters to him and all your government representatives.
    Bingo!....not sure if the letters will even make it to the president but I still feel it's better than sending them to the various stuffed suits.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I wouldn't even begin to try to explain it to you, EM. We're on different wavelengths.
    I will leave you and all the other doubters with this question though. Who would you rather have as POTUS?
    Rand Paul.

The guy who shot at the tax code with an AR-15.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast