Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Trump says he still considering "silencer "ban on Piers Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Frankly, all I see is Chicken Little.

"I don't like them" is a statement; not an action.

The President has no authority over suppressors; no EO can regulate them as they are codified in Law.

They are a mainstream firearm accessory. Gander Outdoor has a case full of them.

You guys need to look at this as an offhand remark that is going nowhere.

Unlike previous Presidents who parse every syllable and test every speech; Trump runs his mouth without any filter.

We loved it; before he said something we didn't like.
    That's not the only thing he said. He followed up with looking into banning them.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    That's not the only thing he said. He followed up with looking into banning them.
    "I don't like them. Well, I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talked about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned," Trump said. "We're looking at that. I’m going to seriously look at it."

Rambling statement.

This is typical Trump. He has no knowledge of them nor the regulatory requirements to acquire one.

Someone will talk sense to him and explain the political ramifications of any action to ban them. This will die quietly.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Did national reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act make it to Trump's desk and were vetoed? When the House was Republican, the Speaker who controls the agenda wasn't a fan of Trump nor was he fan of those bills. How do you blame Trump for that?

The shortsightedness of gun owners baffles me. "I lost a plastic range toy so fuck Trump and those lifetime appointments to the highest court in the land."
    I blame Trump for not being the rebel outsider he thinks he is. The reason we have semi auto rifles is because they're fun at the range? No, the reason we have them is to keep government honest. Now that would sound crazy to the soccer moms and might hurt his reelection chances but I thought he was going to shake up Washington. I thought he didn't care what people thought. He tweets like a little bitch every time someone insults him but on the 2A he shrivels up and appeases?

How about when suppressors come up he says "we're not going to punish 10s of 1000s of law abiding people because of the actions of a handful of nuts". I blame him for not having our backs yet expecting us to support him. Of course I love the SCOTUS seats but hey, what has he done for me lately to earn my vote?

All the long game gets us is losses.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Is that you bearpack?:confused

As to the bold......yup.
    As soon as there is a boogeyman in the WH for the GOP to demonize they find religion. No different than the dems.

It's good that SCOTUS may be safe, but relying on the judicial branch of government to save our asses from now until the train runs off the cliff isn't very comforting.
    Yep, I've about had enough of playing by the rules just to get punished for what someone else does. Great, we moved the SC to the right a little and I praised him for that. It was justification for my last vote. I want more for my continued support and next vote.

Politics need to be viewed in depth and generationally. Republicans (politicians and voters) fail miserably at this. If your only reason for voting is "ma gun", you are probably not thinking in depth. The Democrats think and act in step and generationally.

If Clinton had been elected, suppressors would not even be on your worry list. You would be losing your minds every day just waiting for the House and Senate to get the right numbers to re-do the 94 AWB which would be the confiscation/buy-back.

The Alphabet Corporation is the greatest threat to the next election and most of you can't even see that because you are not thinking asymmetrically. If you are paying attention, conservative speech is being attacked on these platforms owned by Alphabet. This will be on steroids by this time next year. While you are foolishly worried about an offhand remark Trump made, the election will be stolen. It's not in the bag folks, the Left has learned from last time and they are preparing to steal this by any means necessary.
    It's interesting that you mention this societal shift caused by decades of anti-gun bias because I happen to agree with it. Gun owners are becoming pariahs and that's by design. I don't care what anyone thinks of me, but my kid will probably have to deny he's a gun owner as if the very act makes him insane.

But I'm curious how you think we help ourselves by constantly caving to the pressure. Bump stocks were stupid so who cares, right? Now suppressors aren't that popular so who cares. What's next? Full auto is rare so who cares? 30 round mags are overkill so who cares? Semi auto rifles aren't needed so who cares? How does agreeing with our enemies stem the tide of misinformation? Isn't it smarter to say no? No more... these are the reasons why we won't cave any more, why we won't continue to be treated like second class citizens, and if you aren't with us we'll find someone who is.

And like I said before, if Hillary had been elected we would have been screwed re: the Supreme Court but I bet the spineless Rs would have fought any additional restrictions instead of rolling over like they do for Trump.

"I don't like them. Well, I'd like to think about it. I mean nobody's talked about silencers very much. I did talk about the bump stock and we had it banned," Trump said. "We're looking at that. I’m going to seriously look at it."

Rambling statement.

This is typical Trump. He has no knowledge of them nor the regulatory requirements to acquire one.

Someone will talk sense to him and explain the political ramifications of any action to ban them. This will die quietly.
    Jesus Christ. Rambling statements is how bump stocks we're banned.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    I blame Trump for not being the rebel outsider he thinks he is. The reason we have semi auto rifles is because they're fun at the range? No, the reason we have them is to keep government honest. Now that would sound crazy to the soccer moms and might hurt his reelection chances but I thought he was going to shake up Washington. I thought he didn't care what people thought. He tweets like a little bitch every time someone insults him but on the 2A he shrivels up and appeases?

How about when suppressors come up he says "we're not going to punish 10s of 1000s of law abiding people because of the actions of a handful of nuts". I blame him for not having our backs yet expecting us to support him. Of course I love the SCOTUS seats but hey, what has he done for me lately to earn my vote?

Yep, I've about had enough of playing by the rules just to get punished for what someone else does. Great, we moved the SC to the right a little and I praised him for that. It was justification for my last vote. I want more for my continued support and next vote.

It's interesting that you mention this societal shift caused by decades of anti-gun bias because I happen to agree with it. Gun owners are becoming pariahs and that's by design. I don't care what anyone thinks of me, but my kid will probably have to deny he's a gun owner as if the very act makes him insane.

But I'm curious how you think we help ourselves by constantly caving to the pressure. Bump stocks were stupid so who cares, right? Now suppressors aren't that popular so who cares. What's next? Full auto is rare so who cares? 30 round mags are overkill so who cares? Semi auto rifles aren't needed so who cares? How does agreeing with our enemies stem the tide of misinformation? Isn't it smarter to say no? No more... these are the reasons why we won't cave any more, why we won't continue to be treated like second class citizens, and if you aren't with us we'll find someone who is.

And like I said before, if Hillary had been elected we would have been screwed re: the Supreme Court but I bet the spineless Rs would have fought any additional restrictions instead of rolling over like they do for Trump.
    First and foremost, I can't make this any clearer; Politics is war by other means. The Republicans have shown, time and time again, they are incapable of fighting. Only a handful rise to the occasion. The Democrats are ideologues. Communists, if one is honest. they fight generationally and with one goal, they never quit even when they are indicted/on trial in Federal Court.

Who is caving to pressure? Bumpstocks are a regulatory matter. Had they been pushed to a legislative option, that would have open doors to the NFA. The previous Republican Congress was only concerned with maintaining their place at the table. This is evidenced by their lack of willingness to take power and wield power. I respect the Democrats(Communists). They wield power, even when they are not in power.

Don't forget, the previous Republican Congress rolled over like a dog, instead of fielding and supporting candidates capable of winning and maintaining the majority.

Republicans are just like gun owners. Some are Fudds, some are Shotgun sports, some are modern sporting rifle guys, some are a combination of all three. However, they will fuck each other over, over purity.

This is a war. There will be victories, and defeats. Unfortunately, the majority do not have the stomach to realize they have to fight their entire lifetime, then hand it over to their kids to continue.

The biggest fuck you's are the people that stay home because they didn't get what they want.

Your biggest concern is Alphabet. They control and manage information. They will be crushing the conservative voice over the next year in order to steal the election. Most of you are blind to this because of "ma gun".

Anyone who gives the Republican Party (Sans Trump) or the NRA a dime, is a fucking idiot.

A Republic, if you can keep it.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

Bumpstocks were banned due to public outcry generated by the media.

(Berks County)

Rambling statement.

That's about right.

(Allegheny County)

Bumpstocks were banned due to public outcry generated by the media.
    Yeah, the president had nothing to do with it.

I'm not digging up his quotes, but he said what he said, and then he did what he said.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post

He's not "with us" because we are the fringe of society whether we like to admit that or not. If you asked us, full auto should be available the same as semi. If you polled the country, I expect you'd find less than 10% support for that idea. Same with suppressors. Trump is one step beyond a Fudd because he at least likes the idea of self defense and semi-autos. Trump is the best we have on the issue. If I can have the guy that supports 70% of what I believe on guns, I'm going to grab onto him for dear life because the others are 10% or worse.

He's not caving to pressure, he's telling you what he believes. Can his sons modify his thinking? Who the hell knows. But I do know he said he has no problems with semi-autos which is big for us and bad for our opponents. He's not a politician, he's not going to give non answers, he's not angling for votes by walking a tight-rope. He supports national reciprocity, he supports semi-auto rifles and he's giving us a lot of judges that will make a difference for a lot longer than his term. It's unfortunate that so many demand absolute purity and will hurt the cause in pursuit of the almost unobtainable.

Finally, what additional restrictions have we suffered that weren't regulatory and completely out of the hands of Congress?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, the president had nothing to do with it.

I'm not digging up his quotes, but he said what he said, and then he did what he said.
    You guys do not get this. You want to win skirmishes; while losing the war.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast