Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Fox News Poll: 71 percent say gun violence a 'major problem' government should ad

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    The only polls that aren't bullshit are the polls that give the results you want.

No. The only polls that aren't bullshit, are elections that aren't rigged. But, you believe all the CNN polls, right?

Default Re: Fox News Poll: 71 percent say gun violence a 'major problem' government should ad

The leftist media puts up these fake polls and twist the results into their favor.
    There can be twenty questions and if you click YES on background checks, NO for everything else, you are totally for gun control, gun bans and confiscation.
    It's all bullshit news.

I have never seen a knife, gun, baseball bat, machete, golf club, car or truck be violent or assault anyone.
    There is no such thing as assault guns or gun violence.
    Crazy people are the problem.
    They need to do something about people in public places. They need to address security.
    People want the world to be, peaceful, happy, rainbows and unicorns. It's just never going to happen in the real world.
    We are talking about people that are brainwashed in believing that gun control laws will work, like how all the other laws stop crime....
    Just like they think a gun free zone sign makes them safe.
    Criminals don't follow laws. Laws only restrict law abiding people and take away their rights and property.
    ALL gun control laws are unconstitutional.

These people would be fine with shredding the entire constitution if they were promised they would be safer.

(Berks County)

It’s a republic if you can keep it
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Yeah, they act like 71% want their rights taken away so it will happen...
    Sorry it doesn't work that way...

I bet if we polled the potential victims from the stories in the armed citizen thread..... 100% would say they were glad they had a gun when they needed it.

Honestly, people who perpetuate gun violence are a problem. The best defense against people who perpetuate gun violence is people being able to defend themselves with guns.

Taking guns away from citizens who want to protect themselves is not the answer.

I would also like to note that less than 1/2 in the poll think stricter gun control would work. (47%) Not sure what the other 24% want the government to do.

(Franklin County)

I would say this poll is pretty close.
    What you guys forget is there are a lot of gun owners in the U.S., but very few actually shoot them, and fewer actually carry them, most of the guns are used for hunting only. Most gun owners couldn't care less about NFA firearms or mag capacity, they buy one pistol every 12 years, they take it to the range a couple of times and then it sits in a drawer for years. Hunter may buy a new bolt action rifle every 3 years. So not many gun owners give a rats ass about having to occasionally go through a background check, and fewer really care if the government knows they have that bolt action or that 30 year old .38 that's been hiding in the drawer.
    People want to feel safe, they want to feel their kids are safe, and for lack of a better plan they will sacrifice what amounts to very little for them. Most people probably don't like the idea of more restrictions but since there are given no other options, that's the one they cling to.
    The sad truth is semi auto rifles and high capacity mags are a losing battle. The only thing we can do is postpone the inevitable.
    The Hostler

(Lehigh County)

I seem to remember a lot of folks were/are in favor of 'background checks', even me. I go thru one every time I buy a new gun from a dealer or any pistol. When you drill down and explain that this is NOT what the new laws really are the approval number drops drastically. I oppose back door registration thru the use of 'universal background checks' as the new proposals want to do.

It is the misinformation campaign that is the true issue, and we need to fight that.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

"Gun Violence"
    "Opioid Crisis"
    "Climate Change"

I see a common thread here.

(hint: They're all fake crisis created by people who want to take control of others)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "Gun Violence"
    "Opioid Crisis"
    "Climate Change"

I see a common thread here.

(hint: They're all fake crisis created by people who want to take control of others)
    The Feds, and their minions at the state level have been using the "War on Drugs" and "War on Terror" as an excuse to take away Rights, and Freedoms for decades. They use the propensity of the public, spurred by the Media for government to "Do Something". It doesn't matter if it is totally ineffective, illogical or even moronic. The government can say it "did something" and all is well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast