Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SWPA, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    4505732

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Wouldn't that also ripple in states that trample the 2A?
    A guy can dream right?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Age
    66
    Posts
    4,918
    Rep Power
    17672118

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    ...

    I can't remember the last silencer case that made it up into the appeals courts; nor can I remember the last time a spree shooter used a silencer. Seeing both happen in the same week seems . . . unlikely. Without any evidence, I can't guess at the causal link (maybe the shooter read about the case and wanted to make a difference for snowflakes everywhere)...
    Anyone know if it has been definitively proven that the VA shooter had a firearm with a suppressor on it. Or was it a MAC (WAG because of the reports of the "extended" magazines) with the fake suppressor/barrel extension? As far as that goes, has it ever been said yet what the .45's were? Since it doesn't fit the liberals/lame street media agenda (white guy with an AR style firearm) will we ever know for sure?
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    People's Republik, New Jersey
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    17346174

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Anyone know if it has been definitively proven that the VA shooter had a firearm with a suppressor on it. Or was it a MAC (WAG because of the reports of the "extended" magazines) with the fake suppressor/barrel extension? As far as that goes, has it ever been said yet what the .45's were? Since it doesn't fit the liberals/lame street media agenda (white guy with an AR style firearm) will we ever know for sure?
    "An official with the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives says investigators have identified two .45 caliber pistols used in the shooting at a Virginia Beach municipal building that killed 12.

    Speaking at a news conference Saturday afternoon, ATF regional special agent Ashan Benedict says all indications are that the guns were bought legally. He says one gun was bought in 2016 and the other was bought last year."

    That is the only thing I can find on the topic, you would think if there WAS a suppressor, the ATF would be harping about how illegal it was for peasants to have without permission from the overlords.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    12228711

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    "An official with the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives says investigators have identified two .45 caliber pistols used in the shooting at a Virginia Beach municipal building that killed 12.

    Speaking at a news conference Saturday afternoon, ATF regional special agent Ashan Benedict says all indications are that the guns were bought legally. He says one gun was bought in 2016 and the other was bought last year."

    That is the only thing I can find on the topic, you would think if there WAS a suppressor, the ATF would be harping about how illegal it was for peasants to have without permission from the overlords.
    At least one place I found that says it was a silencer but considering the source I have doubts. Nowhere have I found a description of the pistols.
    https://www.pennlive.com/nation-worl...re-deaths.html
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,471
    Rep Power
    21474861

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    The fact that police arrived on the scene and followed the sounds of the gunshots to his location, is puzzling; he had 2 pistols, 1 silencer (they say), so it's certainly possible that the cops followed the sound of the OTHER gun. Or maybe he just had a barrel extension.

    Face it, the media (and many cops) can't tell an Uzi from a TEC-9, or a shotgun from a rifle. Most things that attach to gun muzzles are not silencers (or even suppressors). You can buy lots of muzzle brakes on eBay.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Free seminar 7/18/19 in Quakertown: https://www.senatormensch.com/concealed-carry-seminar/

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    17,521
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The fact that police arrived on the scene and followed the sounds of the gunshots to his location, is puzzling; he had 2 pistols, 1 silencer (they say), so it's certainly possible that the cops followed the sound of the OTHER gun. Or maybe he just had a barrel extension.

    Face it, the media (and many cops) can't tell an Uzi from a TEC-9, or a shotgun from a rifle. Most things that attach to gun muzzles are not silencers (or even suppressors). You can buy lots of muzzle brakes on eBay.
    My money is on this:

    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)
    Age
    66
    Posts
    4,918
    Rep Power
    17672118

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Same thing here, just no info coming out about the guns. Again, probably because they don't fit the lefts/media agenda. I'm thinking MAC10's in .45 with the barrel extension. If it would have been suppressed, how could the police have be led to the gunman by the gunfire. A suppressed .45, using normal rounds (which are subsonic) would not have been heard good enough by the responders to be led to the shooter. And the responders would have though that it was suppressed just because of the size and shape of the barrel extension. But did they actually determine that it was a suppressor? I believe not because that would have sent the left/media over the edge.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,732
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Why do we even have to discuss this now? We all knew with Obama gone and Trump as President (with Republicans controlling both the house and senate) suppressors would be taken of the NFA list. It was guaranteed.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,471
    Rep Power
    21474861

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    Why do we even have to discuss this now? We all knew with Obama gone and Trump as President (with Republicans controlling both the house and senate) suppressors would be taken of the NFA list. It was guaranteed.
    Nobody here said it was guaranteed.

    The Republicans never controlled both houses, they only controlled what got voted on. The Dems always had enough votes to prevent the Senate from passing a bill.

    The Dems now have the power to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. That doesn't mean they have the power to impeach, just the power to get it started. The Senate can pretty much ignore them.

    Honestly, it would be nice to buy silencers at Walmart, but removing them from the NFA isn't at the top of my personal priority list. Re-funding ATF to restore federal gun rights is in the top 10, because literally millions of citizens have no way to get their rights back despite there being no reasonable basis for denying them today. Eliminating the Hughes Amendment is top 10 material, and every MG owner I know is in favor of that, despite the mouth-breathers claiming that "greedy investors" oppose it. Getting rid of the stupid import restrictions is up there, there's no rational basis for outlawing imports of items that can be manufactured here legally.

    But silencers are still cheap, more can be made, the $200 tax is no longer the several-months-salary it was in 1934, and the delay is annoying but manageable for adults. if we have enough political capital to get some gun restrictions removed, silencers aren't first on the list.

    I doubt that Trump has spent 5 minutes thinking about silencers in his life; he knows what he knows from watching movies, just like most of Washington. He needs to be educated, silencers for firearms are like mufflers for cars.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Free seminar 7/18/19 in Quakertown: https://www.senatormensch.com/concealed-carry-seminar/

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    3,579
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: SCOTUS to rule on Kansas Vet's Suppressor.

    Denied cert.
    Life has a melody.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Carry in Kansas Now?
    By Spartos in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
  2. KANSAS GUN CONFISCATION!!!
    By FromMyColdDeadHands in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
  3. Welcome to Kansas!
    By Skullz in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 1st, 2008, 08:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops