Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Operation Blazing Sword

Weird, this training initiative is over 3 years old now, and nobody has mentioned it here yet?

https://www.blazingsword.org/

Who we are

Operation Blazing Sword is a grass-roots organization dedicated to helping LGBTQ people become responsible firearm owners. If you think you may need a firearm for armed self-defense but don’t feel comfortable going to a shooting range or a gun store by yourself, seek out any of our LGBTQ-friendly volunteer instructors. They will teach you the basics of firearm safety, operation and ownership for no cost and without judgement for your color, gender, sexual orientation, biology, or manner of dress.
    They are a part of Pink Pistols.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Operation Blazing Sword

Oh, that is just soooo nice.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Chester County)

I’m unaware of any place that would discriminate against individuals for this training anyway...

They will teach you the basics of firearm safety, operation and ownership for no cost and without judgement for your color, gender, sexual orientation, biology, or manner of dress.

Sounds like a good cause nevertheless.
    Last edited by JAKIII; June 26th, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

(Franklin County)

It was started pretty soon after the Pulse nightclub shooting. I became aware of it on social media and have been on the volunteer trainer list since day 1.

I think it's a useful option. Just like LEO encounters, you never know when you may come in contact with someone who's a real ass. Overall the gay community is seen as part of the left. For them to reach out to a random stranger, who is typically assumed to be far right, and who is likely to have quite a few political disagreements, is a daunting task. Everyone is different, but if the effort makes a difference somewhere for one person, then it's worth it, and that's why I decided to participate as a volunteer.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It was started pretty soon after the Pulse nightclub shooting. I became aware of it on social media and have been on the volunteer trainer list since day 1.

I think it's a useful option. Just like LEO encounters, you never know when you may come in contact with someone who's a real ass. Overall the gay community is seen as part of the left. For them to reach out to a random stranger, who is typically assumed to be far right, and who is likely to have quite a few political disagreements, is a daunting task. Everyone is different, but if the effort makes a difference somewhere for one person, then it's worth it, and that's why I decided to participate as a volunteer.
    And thanks to you, my name is also on their map.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

They said Blazing Sword. Lol.

(Chester County)

For them to reach out to a random stranger, who is typically assumed to be far right, and who is likely to have quite a few political disagreements, is a daunting task.
    Well, perhaps not “far” right.

Contrary to popular opinion, there are liberals who are pro 2A, but they certainly realize that conservatives probably shoot better, (i.e., we’re better trainers in firearms safety and marksmanship).

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Well, perhaps not “far” right.

Contrary to popular opinion, there are liberals who are pro 2A, but they certainly realize that conservatives probably shoot better, (i.e., we’re better trainers in firearms safety and marksmanship).
    And there are gay rednecks too. I'm speaking about overall societal perception, in broad general terms.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

And there are gay rednecks too. I'm speaking about overall societal perception, in broad general terms.
    As long as their for Everybodys right to arm themselves, welcome aboard.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I’m unaware of any place that would discriminate against individuals for this training anyway...

They will teach you the basics of firearm safety, operation and ownership for no cost and without judgement for your color, gender, sexual orientation, biology, or manner of dress.

Sounds like a good cause nevertheless.
    Yes, it does seem to be a good cause. And maybe we can get some more 2nd-A support against gun control from some that are nominally considered to be on the left.

I've been aware of pretty much since it started, but I've only been able to participate in the last year or so. I originally heard about it from Larry Correia.

I also looked at the map and notice there isn't anybody for about a half hour drive around where I live, and figured it was time to sign up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast