Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Luger, forget it

Whatever you do, don't buy a C96 and take it apart. Took me awhile to get it back together...I think my wife had both hands in there to help as well. Not for the mechanically disinclined, like myself. Nice pistol, abner!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Old Bill View Post
    Whatever you do, don't buy a C96 and take it apart. Took me awhile to get it back together...I think my wife had both hands in there to help as well. Not for the mechanically disinclined, like myself. Nice pistol, abner!
    Had one of those also. Very easy. It is made like a Chinese puzzle, but it's not hard.

(Philadelphia County)

Don't need a hard surface, grip in right hand, barrel in center of left palm, push and left thumb down the takedown. (with a 6" barrel, you need extra large hands, or use the right thumb on the takedown).

What is needed to make them run nice is a good magazine with proper lips. Save the original for display, use new for shooting.

And a hat, you need a hat. These top ejectors, go up then bounce off your head.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MD66948 View Post
    When I was 10 years old I used to strip down my Dads byf 41 bring back and clean it. It is one of the easiest firearms to take down and put back. After clearing the Luger just put the front of the barrel on a hard surface, push down and then throw the lever over the side plate. It pops off and then take everything apart. Very easy.
    EM has a rock on his driveway just for that.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Montgomery County)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Had one of those also. Very easy. It is made like a Chinese puzzle, but it's not hard.
    Whatever you do, do not put the bottom "hook" in upside down on a C96. It locks solid and unless you have the "correct bent screwdriver" it is a superb paperweight for the rest of its life! There is a do it yourself handbook on odd guns that I picked up years ago and it had a full size drawing of he "bent screwdriver" that allows you to access the "hook" and lift it out. Worth its weight in gold! Dave_n

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123