Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luger

(Allegheny County)

Question Luger

When I was last at the range, there was a guy there shooting a Luger. He then told me there's a company in the US that makes them, and the parts are interchangeable with the real Luger. Has anybody ever heard of anything like that ?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Luger

Mitchell Arms and Stoeger American Eagle were two in the 90s I think. Not sure anyone makes them now. They're expensive to make well and have limited appeal.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Mitchell Arms and Stoeger American Eagle were two in the 90s I think. Not sure anyone makes them now. They're expensive to make well and have limited appeal.
    I don't think anyone has made them since those two stopped. If you want a Luger, get a shooter grade German made Luger. They can be had for around $1k or so, and well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I don't think anyone has made them since those two stopped. If you want a Luger, get a shooter grade German made Luger. They can be had for around $1k or so, and well worth it.
    I defiantly agree. I got an excellent condition discretely import marked example this past December for $600.00 from a board member. The side plate is mismatched and the firing pin and wooden grips are replacements.

(Franklin County)

I agree with the above. There's no reason to own a new Luger, if you want nostalgia just get a real one. Lugers are super cool but as modern handguns goes they are not ideal platforms.
    The very first handgun I ever shot (at 9-10) was an authentic numbers matching Luger that my grandfather brought home from Europe and left to my dad. I grew up with that gun around the house, 45 years later I'm still pissed that my father sold it. So even though I have an attachment to old Lugers I see no reason to own a new one.
    The Hostler

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I agree with the above. There's no reason to own a new Luger, if you want nostalgia just get a real one. Lugers are super cool but as modern handguns goes they are not ideal platforms.
    The very first handgun I ever shot (at 9-10) was an authentic numbers matching Luger that my grandfather brought home from Europe and left to my dad. I grew up with that gun around the house, 45 years later I'm still pissed that my father sold it. So even though I have an attachment to old Lugers I see no reason to own a new one.
    Mine is a 1941 made Mauser Luger. I've owned it since 1994, and it has been 100% reliable with my reloads, and any factory ammo including hollow points. I would not hesitate to use it for self defense. However, due to the exposed sear, I would not carry one with a round in the chamber even with the safety on.

(Lackawanna County)

LugerMan right here in PA. Makes .45 caliber lugers. Not cheap, but where else you gonna get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tacgunner View Post
    LugerMan right here in PA. Makes .45 caliber lugers. Not cheap, but where else you gonna get one?
    Aren't they like $5K plus? Ian from forgotten weapons covered one awhile back.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Aren't they like $5K plus? Ian from forgotten weapons covered one awhile back.
    More like $8K - $14K. I had no idea somebody in PA was making Lugers. Looks like a very high quality product, at a high quality price.

https://lugerman.com/luger-45/

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    More like $8K - $14K. I had no idea somebody in PA was making Lugers. Looks like a very high quality product, at a high quality price.

https://lugerman.com/luger-45/
    That's one for the 'When I hit the lottery' list...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast