Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Educate me please

In the classified section I posted a Smith & Wesson 66-5 with a 4” barrel for sale. The gun was rated about 95% and includes box, speed loader, S&W wood grips, pachemeyer square butt grips, round butt grips. I know when I first posted I asked too much. However this time around I listed it at $525 OBO. A lot of views but no offers. Is this not a desirable gun? Is the price that out of line. I had always thought this configuration was perfect. Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Educate me please

It's a fair price. But it's not a great deal which is why it's probably still for sale.

Been to a gun show lately? Most sellers think Hillary is POTUS. It's a buyers market. Wait a few years because it won't last.

(Franklin County)

Thanks, guys. Didn't realize prices were at all depressed. I saw 66-5's on GunBroker and Guns America with $750.00 asking prices. I did think that was kind of ridiculous, and they didn't seem to be selling at that price. And I guess revolvers have given up some ground to auto's, but you can't hunt with auto's in PA and this is a great backup carry piece for hunting. Think I'll bump it down to $500.00, and if it doesn't sell, I'll take your advice and hold it for awhile. I don't need to sell it; I just haven't carried it since I picked up a Ruger SP101 to stick in my day pack, and my Ruger .357 Blackhawk serves my actual hunting purposes.

Mike

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Yes. A lot of prices have come down a bit over the past few years, even before Trump. However, my brother recently joked anout having opened a box of 50 9mm with a price tag of $25 that he is pretty sure was from 2009!

(Lehigh County)

If you sign up for a gunbroker account (it's free), you can do advanced searches which allows you to search completed sales. (tip, sort by highest number of bids first). Your gun at $525 is a good deal for a desirable gun. I would just give it some time.

If you could post a picture, or more, in your ad, it would be a big help as we have folks on here who skip over ads without them. Take the picture with your phone then edit/crop it to get just the gun, then send it to yourself and select 'medium' for size, and you should be able to post that result directly. Straight pics from most phones these days are just too large for the forum limits.
    Last edited by gghbi; May 30th, 2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

I track the S&W Revolver market pretty closely and that is a more than fair price. Maybe you need to post it where the buyers are - try listing it on a S&W forum. At that price it will get snatched-up. Have a little patience.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

(Montgomery County)

Not a bad price considering someone has a used PPS M1 for $365, down from $375. They'll be bumping that for awhile.

(Allegheny County)

You're kind of limited on your market (Chambersburg area) since it's a pistol and requires a FFL transfer. Not to many people want to drive very far, or deal with shipping and take the risk of sending you (a unknown on this forum) the money upfront.
    Toujours pręt

(Carbon County)

very few buy larger wheel guns for self-defence.

they are more of a novelty item that are taken to the range and back to the safe
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast