Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: New York man kills burglars, is arrested for illegal gun

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    Maybe they think he’d be better off living on the street in any big city in the country shooting up and defecating on sidewalks. Because displacing those people violates their constitutional rights, or something...
    if i were made homeless in some state crap like this i'd make a point to shit only in front of the capitol entrance and if possible on/against the front door of whomever made me homeless.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    A-freaking-men!
    This
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Update, charges were dropped against the homeowner.

https://www.uticaod.com/news/2019080...felony-charges

Deerfield man no longer facing felony charges
    Amy Neff Roth Most Popular Our Picks

DEERFIELD —The only charge against a Deerfield man who shot and killed two intruders with an unpermitted handgun was dismissed Monday evening in town court.

Ronald Stolarczyk, 64, had faced a felony charge of illegal possession of a weapon after he used a gun owned by his late father on May 28 to fatally shoot Patricia Talerico, 57, and her nephew Nicholas Talerico, 27, inside Stolarczyk’s house on the 1600 block of Walker Road. Stolarczyk never transferred ownership of the gun after his father’s death in 2014.

But First Assistant District Attorney Michael Coluzza told Town Court Justice Thomas Larkin, Jr. during Stolarczyk’s appearance that his office had amended the charge to criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor. He then asked that the charge be dismissed in the interest of justice, a request that Larkin granted.

Coluzza said that Stolarczyk’s only crime was an act of omission, that he is “not in terribly good health” and living in “an extremely difficult situation,” and that Stolarczyk has no previous convictions.

“Using this defendant as an example would serve no lawful purpose,” he said.

But it would, Coluzza said, make other families subject to similar penalties if they don’t act quickly enough to get a gun registered after the death of a relative.

Stolarczyk did not face charges in the deaths of the Talericos because state law finds the use of deadly physical force justifiable if a homeowner reasonably believes a burglary is in progress, Coluzza said. And the law does not require homeowners to try to run away, he said.

Defense attorney Mark Wolber pointed out that the forensic evidence has backed up his client’s story. The dismissal, he agreed, serves the interests of justice.

After the court appearance, Wolber praised Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara for dropping the charge, something he said might not have happened in another county.

“The law right now that makes what Ron did a felony is a bad law,” he said.

“If Ron had used a long gun, a knife or a staple gun,” Wolber added, “he would not be here tonight.”

Stolarczyk, who has been out on bail, said he’s happy the charges were dropped.

He said he didn’t know his father owned the gun until he found it hidden near his home’s front door about a year ago. He did not know he needed to register it, Stolarczyk said.

He said he kept the gun close after a few break-ins at his house while he was out. On May 28, the Talericos didn’t stop when he told them to, Stolarczyk said, adding that he thinks he would be dead had they reached his gun.

“At that time, I was in fear for my life. My father had had the gun and I’m not really into guns. I was in fear for my life and I had to act right then,” he said.

Wolber said he plans to lobby to get the law changed so that failing to register an inherited gun or using a gun registered to another family member in an emergency will no longer be a felony as long as the gun was legally obtained.

“You should not have to worry about using a gun to protect yourself and your family members,” he said.

Wolber isn’t arguing that guns shouldn’t need permits, he said, just that lesser charges would be more appropriate, he said. It’s unusual, he said, for an omission — something that isn’t done instead of an active act — to lead to felony charges.

Wolber recalled the first conversation he had with Stolarczyk after the shootings. “The first thing he said to me,” Wolber said, “was ‘This is the worst day of my life.’”

(Philadelphia County)

Good update.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

About as happy of an ending that could be asked for.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah,but it's too bad they are fucking with him about his home though.I"d like to know how that turns out.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

I read that an armed man who is in the military stepped in to help people out at the El Paso shooting, I wonder if he's going to get charged for violating the no weapons policy there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I read that an armed man who is in the military stepped in to help people out at the El Paso shooting, I wonder if he's going to get charged for violating the no weapons policy there.
    Im still waiting to here more about the alleged CCW carrier who was shot dead by police. Story goes that they defending themselves and others, police seen them and fired thinking they were the perp not realizing it was an innocent.

Supposedly being suppressed from the media for the narrative. The left dont want us up on our high horses about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Is it not Walmart corporate policy to abide by state/local laws on weapons? The store managers are not to create their own policies?

I don't recall who it was here that dug into it, but that is how I remember the outcome.

Rick

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    Is it not Walmart corporate policy to abide by state/local laws on weapons? The store managers are not to create their own policies?

I don't recall who it was here that dug into it, but that is how I remember the outcome.

Rick
    Agreed but the buzz is that it is a gun free zone and in TX it carries the force of law. It is possible that the Walmart is not owned by Walmart and that the property owner has different regulations.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678