Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Concealed Carry Application

Before I submit my concealed carry application with my county I have a question regarding my PICS Check. 11 Yrs. ago I pleated guilty to Harassment-Other to Physical. on an individual. This individual was and still is a career felon who lied his ass off regarding the events leading up to my plea. Their were some serious trumped-up charges that the ADA tried to charge me with but the truth came out but like I said I had to plead guilty of something which was Harassment. My concern is that when they do the PICS all these false charges which were all dropped will appear which looks bad. I understand that it is up to the county to approve or disprove my application and I would think that they will look past all the false allegations and see that it was just an Harassment charge I pleated guilty too with a small fine to avoid lawyer fees and a trial. I'm concerned that they will not look pass these BS charges. These false charges had nothing to do with drugs. I have never has a record, been convicted of a felony, no drugs or PFA's, I am a disabled veteran with an honorable discharge.
    Question: When I personally apply should I tell them what they will fine and explain or just see how it shakes out ? Again, this was 11 years ago. Thank you

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Application

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    Before I submit my concealed carry application with my county I have a question regarding my PICS Check. 11 Yrs. ago I pleated guilty to Harassment-Other to Physical. on an individual. This individual was and still is a career felon who lied his ass off regarding the events leading up to my plea. Their were some serious trumped-up charges that the ADA tried to charge me with but the truth came out but like I said I had to plead guilty of something which was Harassment. My concern is that when they do the PICS all these false charges which were all dropped will appear which looks bad. I understand that it is up to the county to approve or disprove my application and I would think that they will look past all the false allegations and see that it was just an Harassment charge I pleated guilty too with a small fine to avoid lawyer fees and a trial. I'm concerned that they will not look pass these BS charges. These false charges had nothing to do with drugs. I have never has a record, been convicted of a felony, no drugs or PFA's, I am a disabled veteran with an honorable discharge.
    Question: When I personally apply should I tell them what they will fine and explain or just see how it shakes out ? Again, this was 11 years ago. Thank you
    No need to tell them anything, but you should seek further clarification for yourself before you apply. That can be done with an attorney, or may be as simple as looking up the docket sheet to see the actual grading of the charge in question. Many folks don't realize that even some misdemeanors can bar you from having a LTCF and owning firearms.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    No need to tell them anything, but you should seek further clarification for yourself before you apply. That can be done with an attorney, or may be as simple as looking up the docket sheet to see the actual grading of the charge in question. Many folks don't realize that even some misdemeanors can bar you from having a LTCF and owning firearms.
    Thank you, I will take your advice. God Bless

(Carbon County)

Thank you, I will take your advice, God Bless