Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Constitutional Bill Submitted in PA

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I haven't looked at the bill, since it can't pass under Wolf; but does it ALLOW an LTCF? Because otherwise, we'll have issues around schools because of Federal law.

We also have some useful bypasses on loans to LTCF holders, which I would like to keep.

Honestly, we're a "shall issue" state. I appreciate the efforts, but would prefer to see it go towards allowing expungements of old 302's, which would fix a 100% bar to many decent people having any gun rights at all. A statutory fix would do it.
    It's a two tier system where you can still get a LTCF.

I've been beating up Rep. Stevens on his red flag bill. His argument is that this will allow the person to keep his rights. My argument is that we need a fix to the 302 issue so people can get help without losing their rights for life. We aren't going to get that fix until gun owners get more active. I've been trying to get someone to sponsor a bill for years but none will because they feel it's political suicide.

Done.

Received a nice 2-page letter in the mail from from my Rep this week reiterating his 2A support, especially against Red Flag laws. . Should scan and post sometime.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Done. I like seeing our Legislators going on the offensive. This bill makes sense, plus it retains a permit option for folks who travel a lot and need reciprocity protection. Even if Wolf vetoes it, this is better than constantly battling the flow of countless infringement bills without seeking to more affirmatively protect and extend our Second Amendment and PA Article 1, Section 21 Rights.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Let's elect a more freedom-loving government in PA - Then the power of lobbying persuasion will be effective in rolling back the burdonsome laws...

I agree. Scott Wagner should've been elected in 2018, I hope he runs again.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I haven't looked at the bill, since it can't pass under Wolf; but does it ALLOW an LTCF? Because otherwise, we'll have issues around schools because of Federal law.

We also have some useful bypasses on loans to LTCF holders, which I would like to keep.

Honestly, we're a "shall issue" state. I appreciate the efforts, but would prefer to see it go towards allowing expungements of old 302's, which would fix a 100% bar to many decent people having any gun rights at all. A statutory fix would do it.
    I do believe you still can get a LTCF if the bill passes, the main reason being so you can carry in states that have reciprocity with PA.

Firing off a message to Daryl Metcalfe. He uh... doesn't need to be reminded but I will tell him of my support for Constitutional carry anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    That's what we; the pro 2A community; should be doing.
    We should be introducing a crap load of pro 2A bills every year. And just see what sicks. The more outlandish they are the better.
    ^^^^^^THIS

Put the leftists on defense.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Bucks County)

I do not understand the criminal or even civil justice system(s). How can "shall not be questioned" be ignored for so long in so many ways without being straightened out in court challenge?

It makes no sense; and when something makes no sense, look for the monetary reason(s).

I believe it will never be straightened out as long as participants in the never-ending fights are involved with huge money or political leverage or gain.
    Last edited by Bang; June 2nd, 2019 at 12:31 PM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123