Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IF ......

Default WHAT IF ......

(what if) this happened ?; This is a fun type thread but I guess it may have some information value depending on if there are replies! A few days ago I posted about issues concerning the original M-16 and M-16 A1. I thought I was soon to be a cherry (slang for new in country GI's) so the reliability problems were unsetting. Really unsettling! I really, really hoped they were still issuing the M-14, well they were... in my dreams! That gave me the idea for this thread which is ; So what if we could pick any battle rifle and sidearm as a new GI. Personally before choosing I would like to know the geographical area where I would likely see combat. But that would complicate things, eh? Besides a solider may have to go anywhere and everywhere in the world. I will go first. Sidearm; A good quality American made .45 auto with a 1911 style action but with a non poly construction, a compact frame with double stacked mag. At least 13 rounds. The battle rifle was a far more difficult choice. I never really liked the .223 round, even though the only rifle I have now is an early model .223 bushmaster diss. So as an unexciting choice I would likely order an AR/M-16/4 type rifle with a short, probably 18 inch bull barrel in 308 cal. None of the failed experiment three round burst stuff, daddy wants a full rock and roll capable weapon with at least 700 rpm capability. Almost forgot, I want it optioned out with a under Barrell grenade launcher, and maybe* a laser/computer with a rangefinder and target acquisition of my own design.

* the electronic & optical do-dads are sweet, but I have my reasons for not using them 100% of the time or being dependent on them.
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

(Bucks County)

Default Re: WHAT IF ......

Pistol: Probably a G19.

Rifle: AK or AR in 5.56 or 7.62x51.

Geographical area: Somewhere nice and cool with no humidity.

Thanks for the reply RI. I am with you on the rifle choice in caliber and platform. The .223 is too small, even if it does cause extensive wounds.
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

(Montgomery County)

Fusion powered plasma rifle and blaster pistol. Lol

(Dauphin County)

Rifle: M40A1 Pulse rifle in the 40 watt range
    Pistol:Solar Scorcher from Fallout 2(laser pistol that reloads using the sun as ammo)
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Allegheny County)

What if paragraphs were used so people would want to read that?

IF...….my aunt had balls she would have been my uncle!

Ill just take a good and deep well stocked bunker. A GE mini gun, Glock 19, AR15 and a M1 Garand.
    Proud to be an A.P.D.

So what's on the menu for this get-together?
    Psalms 73:26

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Fusion powered plasma rifle and blaster pistol. Lol
    Ha ha, yeah a great choice ! I started writing a Sci Fi fiction novel about oh ten years ago (its easy to start a book eh?). It was set 60 years hence and the good guy had a gas fired hyper velocity rifle on top with a 'grenade' launcher fitted under the barrel much like the current M203 our soldiers use. The most powerful grenade in the good guys kit contained a 'warhead' of about .1000k kiloton yield each. I think my math is off but the yield would have been equal to about five thousand pounds of TNT. A HUGE explosion! The good thing about science fiction is we can suspend physics a bit! But such a device wouldn't be too hard to imagine, and a similar kind of system may even be possible going on the basis that our army fielded a battle field recoilless rifle nuclear round that yielded from 15 to 20 tons of TNT! ... …So you have your Plasma rifle and I a nuclear grenade launcher...I hope we are on the same side!
    Last edited by ProSee4; May 25th, 2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Rifle: M40A1 Pulse rifle in the 40 watt range
    Pistol:Solar Scorcher from Fallout 2(laser pistol that reloads using the sun as ammo)
    Hmm' sounds like you all' like sci-fi as much as I do! I like good scifi, meaning it has some scientific background to it. Oh I also like the real old sci fi noir that usually has very little science behind it. Btw I think both of the weapons listed above could be possible. That said 40 watts seems kind of weak, hey it's fiction, why not make it at least 3k watts of 40 watts with maybe oh, a thousand amps! Again I don't know if my knowledge is enough to comment. I know one can have thousands of non-lethal volts (like a auto coil over) if the amps are low. But the amps is what provides the kick, and the lethality in a weapon, right?

Hey, are those shot shells still on market the ones that carried a coil and batt. with them to the target? That is kind of a electrical weapon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast