Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can I "reregister" a lower?

Makes it easier watching someone walk you through it...

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    I'm maybe 45mins away from LaserWorx so engraving is easy. Plus I used him before and I know he does excellent work with a quick turnaround time. I'm assuming with the two envelopes it'll be 1 fingerprint card, 1 passport photo and 1 cover sheet in each? Both mailed to ATF or one to ATF and one somewhere else?
    After you efile, you get an email with your cover letter and CLEO notification copy(check the spam folder and on a computer if you don’t see it). Print out the two pdf’s, mail CLEO copy to CLEO and mail cover sheet w two sets of prints to Martinsburg. Has to be receiver within 10 biz days of filing the form 1 or they will deny it.

(Bucks County)

Got my fingerprint cards yesterday. Before I take that step I wanna make sure I have everything understood. Regarding the tax stamp, do I mail in a check for that or since this is an e-file, can I pay it online through the ATF website?

Also, any tips on doing the fingerprints?

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    Got my fingerprint cards yesterday. Before I take that step I wanna make sure I have everything understood. Regarding the tax stamp, do I mail in a check for that or since this is an e-file, can I pay it online through the ATF website?

Also, any tips on doing the fingerprints?
    Your only option is to pay with a credit card before you submit the app.

(Bucks County)

Started filling out my cards today for Friday fingerprinting. I found a good chart of abbreviations to use on the height/weight/ethnicity thing after I filled out the first but before the second so hopefully that won't get me kicked. My real question, however, is where do I mail these to after I get printed? I have seen a few various answers but none seem to agree. The most recent posting seems to be this:

National Firearms Act Division
    P.O. Box 5015
    Portland, OR 97208-5015

I also saw where forms sent to the old Atlanta address will be forwarded so I'm assuming this^^^ is current and correct.

(Centre County)

If you are mailing a paper Form 1 with the finger prints and photos and the $200 for the tax stamp then it goes to the Oregon address. If you are doing a eForm 1, then you pay by credit card and then you will get instructions by email to print out a cover letter to send with the fingerprints and photos to the WV address.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Fingerprints were done on Friday AM by Bedminster PD (in and out in probably 15 minutes, no charge), $200 paid that same morning. Printed out all of my emails and forms today and mailed out at lunch time. CLEO paperwork should be there tomorrow, ATF on Wednesday. Hopefully the turnaround time is the same that most other Form 1's seem to be which is ~2-3 weeks from getting it. I'm now getting giddy and researching combos and such in the hope I get the green light.

(Bucks County)

Oh, happy days! Got my approval email this morning. I emailed Laserworx just now to see if they need me to set up a time for an engraving this coming Friday. I think the last time I just walked in but I wanna make sure. Even happier days because I was able to order the rare and elusive Geissele Mk4 10" Federal rail on Friday during the 4th sale they had going.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12