Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Hi folks. I'm specifically looking for a range within 75 miles or so that doesn't have a magazine capacity limit. State Game Lands have a 6 round rule and it's getting kinda old and we can't shoot steel targets for some reason. I'd be willing to perhaps pay for a membership but I don't know of or have any experience with such ranges in my area.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,721
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Take a look here but it's a hike for you. Some of the Bucks county members may know sold some closer places.

    https://ontelaunee.org

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    There are a few around Chester County, I belong to Northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club. Outdoor to 150 yds, shoot steel and other stuff that doesn't leave a mess behind and you take your trash with you, draw from holster is permitted (I understand that one is an issue at a lot of places), no requirement that you pick up your brass (scrap yard owner on the board might have something to do with that). Not much of an indoor range but they use it on Wednesday nights in the winter.
    Where's Hunter?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Doylestown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    77
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Months ago I decided to move from Bucks to Delaware County. I then began researching ranges in the County. I could pnly find one, Delaware County Field and Stream Association. I spoke with them on the phone and researched them on the Internet. You can find commentary about the on this website. After that due diligence I came away decidedly against joining. Too many restrictions, too hard to join, sounds like a clique, and more. I cannot find another outdoor range in the County. I am moving near the DE/PA border. I going to see if I can find a range there. If I do, I will post the info.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Unhappy Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Take a look here but it's a hike for you. Some of the Bucks county members may know sold some closer places.

    https://ontelaunee.org
    Yeah that's a bit far away but thank you for the heads up

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There are a few around Chester County, I belong to Northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club. Outdoor to 150 yds, shoot steel and other stuff that doesn't leave a mess behind and you take your trash with you, draw from holster is permitted (I understand that one is an issue at a lot of places), no requirement that you pick up your brass (scrap yard owner on the board might have something to do with that). Not much of an indoor range but they use it on Wednesday nights in the winter.
    Thanks. I'll look more into becoming a member. Kind of far but looks promising.

    Quote Originally Posted by 105gunner View Post
    Months ago I decided to move from Bucks to Delaware County. I then began researching ranges in the County. I could pnly find one, Delaware County Field and Stream Association. I spoke with them on the phone and researched them on the Internet. You can find commentary about the on this website. After that due diligence I came away decidedly against joining. Too many restrictions, too hard to join, sounds like a clique, and more. I cannot find another outdoor range in the County. I am moving near the DE/PA border. I going to see if I can find a range there. If I do, I will post the info.
    I've been to DCFSA a long time ago as a guest and it wasn't really anything special for the amount they want for being a member. I'm near the PA/DE border and State Game Land 43 is the only decent outdoor range (about 45min-1 hour drive) but they have too many rules in my opinion. It's more of a range for hunters to zero their rifles for hunting than a good place to train. We're not in the best area for gun enthusiasts

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    17755067

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    I heard today theres an outdoor range at French creek or in French creek area?
    May require a hunting license to attend, or to take a course/safety brief.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,641
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    I heard today theres an outdoor range at French creek or in French creek area?
    May require a hunting license to attend, or to take a course/safety brief.
    That's SGL 43, you need to get out more.
    Where's Hunter?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chester County, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    833
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Quote Originally Posted by garrettej8 View Post
    Hi folks. I'm specifically looking for a range within 75 miles or so that doesn't have a magazine capacity limit. State Game Lands have a 6 round rule and it's getting kinda old and we can't shoot steel targets for some reason. I'd be willing to perhaps pay for a membership but I don't know of or have any experience with such ranges in my area.
    SCCSFA https://sccsfa.org/ You can shoot machine guns on Wednesdays.

    Atglen https://atglensportsmensclub.org/ is good, but there is a waiting list. No full auto.
    Ya can't argue with figures. Two half nuthins is a whole nuthin.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,638
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    SCCSFA https://sccsfa.org/ You can shoot machine guns on Wednesdays.

    Atglen https://atglensportsmensclub.org/ is good, but there is a waiting list. No full auto.
    What he said. I am in Delaware County and am a member of sccfa. I like the club a lot and it is well worth the drive to me.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    17755067

    Default Re: Can anyone recommend outdoor ranges, besides SGL's, near Delco?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That's SGL 43, you need to get out more.
    I really do. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Outdoor ranges...Non-Memberu
    By thaghost87 in forum Lehigh Valley & Philadelphia Region
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM
  2. Looking for outdoor ranges
    By Wayfaerer320 in forum Philadelphia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
  3. Outdoor NFA Ranges?
    By Jabtime in forum NFA/Class 3/Title II
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 12th, 2010, 10:28 PM
  4. Looking for Outdoor Ranges
    By Wayfaerer320 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops