Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    814, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    3300900

    Default Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    We all know traveling with a rifle in a vehicle while it is loaded is not legal.
    My question is , if the rifles are "loaded" with blanks , is that the same as being loaded with bullet firing cartridges?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,464
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    We all know traveling with a rifle in a vehicle while it is loaded is not legal.
    My question is , if the rifles are "loaded" with blanks , is that the same as being loaded with bullet firing cartridges?
    Why would a person drive around with a rifle loaded with blanks?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mohnton, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,661
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    I do not know. I’m not a lawyer. I’m going to guess yes. Why do you ask?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sterling, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Why would a person drive around with a rifle loaded with blanks?
    Shove an arrow down the barrel, just like a harpoon on whales.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Why would a person drive around with a rifle loaded with blanks?
    Becasue they could be honor guard or something similar.

    This exact question came up at our recent firearms rights seminar/town hall with the sheriff and Kim Stolfer. The consensus was that they're blanks. Ammunition is designed to expel a projectile.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,969
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Becasue they could be honor guard or something similar.

    This exact question came up at our recent firearms rights seminar/town hall with the sheriff and Kim Stolfer. The consensus was that they're blanks. Ammunition is designed to expel a projectile.
    Yeah, you’ll be fine, you know, until you run into a hot-head with a badge.
    What are you going to say if a fly, or a piece of dirt gets in the barrel? Or, a piece of carbon dislodges and lays in the barrel?You pull the trigger on a blank and that little, tiny obstruction goes high-speed right through an eye into a brain: VOILA! You just committed murder!
    Or, did you have a grander plan? Watched too many YouTube videos and came up with a new ‘scare the pedestrians’ idea? Can’t afford a train horn for yer hooptie? No problem! Load a rifle with blanks and ‘shoot at’ some victims at the bus stop! What fun! Please, videotape it for all to enjoy! Be sure and jump out of the vehicle when the cops arrive and “I have a gun and it’s loaded with ................”. Don’t worry, you can explain to the Coroner about it just being blank ammo in the gun, and it was all just clean fun!
    Yeah, blanks in a rifle, in a vehicle. What a phenomenally brilliant idea!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I

    Yeah, you’ll be fine, you know, until you run into a hot-head with a badge.
    What are you going to say if a fly, or a piece of dirt gets in the barrel? Or, a piece of carbon dislodges and lays in the barrel?You pull the trigger on a blank and that little, tiny obstruction goes high-speed right through an eye into a brain: VOILA! You just committed murder!
    Or, did you have a grander plan? Watched too many YouTube videos and came up with a new ‘scare the pedestrians’ idea? Can’t afford a train horn for yer hooptie? No problem! Load a rifle with blanks and ‘shoot at’ some victims at the bus stop! What fun! Please, videotape it for all to enjoy! Be sure and jump out of the vehicle when the cops arrive and “I have a gun and it’s loaded with ................”. Don’t worry, you can explain to the Coroner about it just being blank ammo in the gun, and it was all just clean fun!
    Yeah, blanks in a rifle, in a vehicle. What a phenomenally brilliant idea!
    WTF are you going on about?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,464
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    WTF are you going on about?
    I think what he's saying is that he doesn't think the OP is in the Honor Guard.
    I don't either.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bucks County, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    1,969
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    WTF are you going on about?
    Oh, you didn’t have your coffee yet. Ok, here’s the simple, short version.
    OP came up with a plan and asked for input.
    His plan: ride around in a car with a rifle loaded with blanks.
    Some people responded.
    I responded. My opinion is that it is a really bad plan fraught with myriad ways it could end badly.
    You came into the room and blurted out a question in a really pissy way.
    And here we are.

    Does that just about sum it up for you?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Live ammo VS. blanks and the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I think what he's saying is that he doesn't think the OP is in the Honor Guard.
    I don't either.
    Ok. I gave a real world example and was confused by the response.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. shipping live ammo
    By gunrac in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 20th, 2008, 06:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops