Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Storage

Default Re: Gun Storage

Take the kid to small claims court on Judge Judy. The producers pay the awarded settlement if any is awarded. Since the defendant doesn't really pay up, you will get paid. Remember you cant get blood from a stone. if you take him to small claims court at your local DJ, you may win your case, but never get paid.

As far as storing your guns that has been answered. You should make your kid pay up. Start by making her your personal house maid and landscaper. If the work is too demanding show her the door. One year of hard labor should do it.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    People that say things like this are the problem. The irresponsible person was the 18yo adult that made extremely bad decisions.
    We can't childproof the world. All we can do is figure out who's trustworthy and who needs to be kenneled when we go away.

Otherwise, we start blaming people for "irresponsibly leaving guns in the safe and a cutting torch in the garage, what did he THINK would happen?"
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    It's incredibly irresponsible to leave unlocked firearms where kids can get at them. The daughter proved that she's irresponsible, and as another poster said your damn lucky no one got shot. Damn lucky.
    And in todays political climate, you'll be damn lucky if you don't get sued into the poorhouse and have your firearms confiscated. It wouldn't be legal, but that never stopped the righteous snowflake culture before.
    Teenagers are inherently irresponsible, which is why the dhimmirats want to lower the voting age.
    I don't necc. disagree if I am not home mine are locked up if I am home they are not. In my case it's more due to the fact I can;t protect my guns while I am not home so I take precautions to prevent them from being stolen and or misused. I trust, and by trust I mean will be taught my (currently 4 YO) daughter will and actually does know the rules of firearm safety. She actually is being taught the proper handling and respect for them literally every day. That does not preclude her from becoming a know it all teenager someday with ignorant friends. That alone is enough for me to keep things locked and hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    People that say things like this are the problem. The irresponsible person was the 18yo adult that made extremely bad decisions.
    Again I agree with this as well however if you have an 18 Year Old then you need to understand the potential for stupidity no matter how well you taught them. It's not an issue , in my case anyway, of I should be able to do what I want and 2A rights or that it's the criminals fault vs. the reality that not everyone else is as responsible as me when I am home with my loaded unlocked firearms. When I am not home (reasons noted above) I both hide and lock everything up that's not with me, primarily I don't want my guns stolen, used by some stupid kid aka my future daughters friends, used to shoot someone in commission of a robbery etc. That's not me saying it would be my fault it's just me taking into consideration the potential scenarios that I can actually control or at least make reasonable attempts to prevent or make extremely difficult for criminals ... or idiot kids.

(Philadelphia County)

It's incredibly irresponsible to leave unlocked firearms where kids can get at them. The daughter proved that she's irresponsible, and as another poster said your damn lucky no one got shot. Damn lucky.
    And in todays political climate, you'll be damn lucky if you don't get sued into the poorhouse and have your firearms confiscated. It wouldn't be legal, but that never stopped the righteous snowflake culture before.
    Teenagers are inherently irresponsible, which is why the dhimmirats want to lower the voting age.
    Yes, my daughter screwed up and she is paying for it. But what if she didn’t have a party and someone invaded the house to rape her? She’s been trained enough to take them out. She’s 18. She’s not a child. The situation got out of her control and I will never let her forget it. It doesn’t change the facts. I don’t agree.

(Philadelphia County)

She ponied up the rest of the deductible and she’s entered a stage of indentured servitude.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rickypaul View Post
    Yes, my daughter screwed up and she is paying for it. But what if she didn’t have a party and someone invaded the house to rape her? She’s been trained enough to take them out. She’s 18. She’s not a child. The situation got out of her control and I will never let her forget it. It doesn’t change the facts. I don’t agree.
    My first response probably came out a little harsh. Even when I was raising my daughter and there was zero social media, word gets out about parties, especially when the adults aren't home. I honestly don't think I could do it today without chastity belts and a moat around the house.
    My SIL is a LEO with 20+ years on the job and never has a loaded gun in the house because of the grandkids. All under lock and key.

All the best in the future, to you and your daughter.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Philadelphia County)

My first response probably came out a little harsh. Even when I was raising my daughter and there was zero social media, word gets out about parties, especially when the adults aren't home. I honestly don't think I could do it today without chastity belts and a moat around the house.
    My SIL is a LEO with 20+ years on the job and never has a loaded gun in the house because of the grandkids. All under lock and key.

All the best in the future, to you and your daughter.
    Thank you. I won’t trust her anymore. She’s been made aware that I consider what she did a betrayal. Believe me I feel lucky that no one chambered a round an shot someone. All she had to do was call her big brother (a marine) to take control of the situation.

All the best to you as well.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rickypaul View Post
    Thank you. I won’t trust her anymore. She’s been made aware that I consider what she did a betrayal. Believe me I feel lucky that no one chambered a round an shot someone. All she had to do was call her big brother (a marine) to take control of the situation.

All the best to you as well.
    You may want to consider a quick access pistol lock box like this: https://www.ftknox.com/shop/fort-knox-auto-pistol-box/
    No key to lose, bolt down to secure from theft or unauthorized use, and can be opened in 1 second if needed.
    It is a good compromise between pistol security and quick access.
    Up to you if or when you give your daughter the combination.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

It's not illegal to leave your gun in a car either, but Philly will revoke your LTCF if it's stolen from you while locked in your car.

I wouldn't be so sure that no charges would be filed considering the location.
    There's the law and then there's what Philly thinks the law should be.

There was nothing irresponsible about your storage. Nothing.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

What year was the Martin? Killing a guitar should be a capital offense.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast