Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Went to Targetmaster Today

Just wanted to post my experience.

First time there was approx a month ago. I was with a female friend, my roommate and his g/f. All of us have shot before. My friend was not shooting that day and observed through the windows.

Counter experience was good. Roommate and his g/f picked out a long gun and a couple pistols. Time to get the lane was approx 5 minutes - not bad. 2 lanes opened up right next to one another, so my roommate and I were handed those lanes.

Range Officer was nice, informed us of the rules, and we went from there. No issues during firing. Finished up, thanks the guys at the counter, got our ID's back, and we left.

Good experience - will be back again if I want to shoot while it's still cold out.

(Delaware County)

They have no problem with people carrying in the store, if you want to test fit holsters, ask, they will have you clear it and then your good to go. they do not want you carrying a gun into the range unless the action is open, if you have it in your hand you better be able to see its clear. I carry there and even into the range. I unholster, clear and place on the bench. Then I proceed to load and fire away. I have drawn from a holster there and there was never a problem as long as I let the RO know. Communication is the key, they dont know you, let them know your intentions and all will be fine.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    The signs are still there, and they probably aren't going anywhere.

Just because it says all guns must be cased and unloaded...doesn't apply to your concealed carry weapons. Its there so people who bring in a shotgun in their hands through the door with the action closed, can get bitched at or asked to leave....or folks who pull their CCW out and start shoving it in holsters for sale, can get the same treatment.

It's related to safe gunhandling in the store....not what responsible people do or don't have on their person.
    LOL

They have no problem with people carrying in the store, if you want to test fit holsters, ask, they will have you clear it and then your good to go. they do not want you carrying a gun into the range unless the action is open, if you have it in your hand you better be able to see its clear. I carry there and even into the range. I unholster, clear and place on the bench. Then I proceed to load and fire away. I have drawn from a holster there and there was never a problem as long as I let the RO know. Communication is the key, they dont know you, let them know your intentions and all will be fine.
    ROTFLOL

Until I see a sign like this they can forget me entering an anti-gun gun store.

If Gander Mountain can do the right thing a local store should be doing the right thing as well..

Hell starbucks has a better policy then they do!!!

(Chester County)

Went there today to test out a Kahr P380 I bought yesterday, would have gone to FCO since it is closer and my usual place but they close early on Monday.

I was on the range in record time and was happy with the Kahr (no malfunctions, very accurate, low recoil).

BUT, they limited me to purchasing 2 boxes of target ammo and 1 box of defense ammo. I understand they are low on 380 and it is a bit tough to come by but I thought the limit was set pretty low, it wasn't like I was going to hoard it, just breaking in a new gun. But maybe without that policy I would not have gotten to shoot at all b/c they would not have had any 380, so it was ok, just thought I would mention it.

(Delaware County)

You can buy cases of .380. Straight in from the exit

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevmeister View Post
    You can buy cases of .380. Straight in from the exit
    Is it Remington UMC, the same stuff they sell for the range? If so then why are they limiting what you buy for the range?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    Is it Remington UMC, the same stuff they sell for the range? If so then why are they limiting what you buy for the range?
    thats to make you buy a whole case.
    your nuts to buy ammo there anyway.. prices are insane.
    FJB

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    thats to make you buy a whole case.
    your nuts to buy ammo there anyway.. prices are insane.
    That is pretty shitty if that is true. I am sure not going to buy a case of 380 just b/c they won't sell me more than 2 boxes at a time.

(Delaware County)

ok correction they are almost out of .380. no more cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevmeister View Post
    ok correction they are almost out of .380. no more cases.
    for some reason, 380 seems very popular. thats one of the reasons i went with 45acp (mac10) when i purchased my nfa item.
    FJB

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415