Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Went to Targetmaster Today

I shoot there quite a bit, they wont let you run the value paks due to the loose ammo and possibility of a KABOOM. there rules, not mine. They will allow any brass cased that is in the 50 rd boxes in the holders. I run all sorts of cheap 9mm there. If you have a question about ammo, call first. I ran 22lr there FA and called ahead to see if lead nose was ok and it was.

I also shoot at amaladen(sp?). That is a great place also. I will be down that way for easter weekend if anyone wants to get together for a day of shooting and some lunch, drop me an email. I will probably head down to the flea market near home depot and stop at millers.

I am 2 hrs away, but my brother in law is in greenville. I shoot eveytime i am down there

Thumbs down Re: Went to Targetmaster Today

i asked about wwb and the one of the guys told me they dont allow it because wal-mart sells below retail and its not fair to shops like his. ok great i agree but then when i asked about the wwb i ordered off the net he said, that will be ok cause he can tell the difference from wwb 100 packs from walmart and 100 round packs from else where by the color of the shell.

(Chester County)

So buy them at Walmart and bring them into the range in the other box.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgb03 View Post
    i asked about wwb and the one of the guys told me they dont allow it because wal-mart sells below retail and its not fair to shops like his. ok great i agree but then when i asked about the wwb i ordered off the net he said, that will be ok cause he can tell the difference from wwb 100 packs from walmart and 100 round packs from else where by the color of the shell.
    I'm calling sheningans on that one...I haven't seen much uniform difference in the casings between Walmart WWB, other retail store WWB and WWB bought off the net. Though I guess for a real comparison, I'd have to get a current sample from each and really check them over. If he meant, differnces in the cartons, that's possible, but still...

...as to the "they sell below retail and it's not fair" routine, give me a break, you're a business, not someone's stupid kid selling lemonade on the sidewalk. You, as a business, suck it up and find creative ways to compete; whether that be with incentives, promotions or a certain level of service. Banning perfectly good ammunition based on manufactured ignorance is absolutely lame. I would never shoot there or purchase anything from them.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgb03 View Post
    He must have better eyes than I have, because I sure as hell can't tell the difference by the color of the shell casing.

It may be that the discarded casings are sold to a commercial reloading company and they are calling the shots. That could be why the aluminum blazer rounds were banned from day one.
    Last edited by reels18; June 11th, 2007 at 06:28 PM.

(Berks County)

I shoot there quite a bit, and never liked their "no WWB value pack" rule. Luckily, I have a bunch of 50 round boxes laying around, so I buy the value packs and just transfer the rounds over the the smaller boxes before I head over there. Other than that, I think it's a pretty nice place. The staff is friendly, and the RO's don't hassle you as long as you're being safe.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    .... Luckily, I have a bunch of 50 round boxes laying around, so I buy the value packs and just transfer the rounds over the the smaller boxes before I head over there. ...
    Remember, this is a PUBLIC forum, a lot of folks read the posts here, be careful what you type, I said something similar about a range I go to and it got back to the manager, read this post : http://www.pafoa.org/forum/philadelp...html#post46155 be sure to read the whole thread for to get an idea of what I'm saying to you.

(Berks County)

Thanks for the warning...I do appreciate it, but I'm not too worried. If someone rats me out and they somehow figure out who I am, I'll just go to another range. They're not the only game in town.

(Delaware County)

Ill admit I have a supply of WWB 100. When I go west to visit my buddy in altoona ill shoot that. The rule does suck, but it is open to the public, not a public range, Tom has the right to set his own rules. Considering you can buy UMC for about $5 a thou more, its not worth the risk of being asked to leave, or for some loose your membership. Shooting is expensive, if you want to save money, join a really cheap outdoor range, and shoot whatever you want.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramtuff View Post
    Thanks for the warning...I do appreciate it, but I'm not too worried. If someone rats me out and they somehow figure out who I am, I'll just go to another range. They're not the only game in town.
    Pretty much what I have done, just a pain if ya like the place.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast