Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default 9mm Ammo Quest Winner

I have really enjoyed this Gent's videos. I'm glad to see him back from whatever ailments he had.

Here he wraps up his 9mm testing for ~3" guns.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Default Re: 9mm Ammo Quest Winner

Glad to see him back, he had some major heath issues then because he is self employed and the affordable health care act raised his health insurance premiums so high he had to take on more work while dealing with cancer to pay for the treatment.

I’m still sticking with HST though.

I too am sticking with HST personally, and based on his testing I don't feel like it's a poor choice. In fact in his own commentary he indicated that anything HST will be a good choice. I think the Winchester that day just happened to perform ever so slightly better.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I too am sticking with HST personally, and based on his testing I don't feel like it's a poor choice. In fact in his own commentary he indicated that anything HST will be a good choice. I think the Winchester that day just happened to perform ever so slightly better.
    That Winchester is freaking expensive too, at a $ plus a round if you can even find it.

(Bucks County)

I do not think thT the test result is reliable enough to adopt. I have little faith in Winchester handgun loads. I have much Faith in Federal HST. I am now carrying HST micro 150 gr in my PPS M2. It is designed for shorter barrels, and I trust it based upon the resting I have seen on YT by experienced and reliable reviewers.

I accept the FBI 12 to 18 inch penetration finding. However, I do not dismiss expansion. I want good penetration and good expansion in my SD round. The Winchester round had deeper penetration but less expansion, and the HST was the opposite. But I do believe that a bigger hole in the perp is a specific advantage if the round gets into that 12 inches distance. So it is HST for me.
    Last edited by 105gunner; May 13th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 105gunner View Post
    I do not think thT the test result is reliable enough to adopt. I have little faith in Winchester handgun loads. I have much Faith in Federal HST. I am now carrying HST micro 150 gr in my PPS M2. It is designed for shorter barrels, and I trust it based upon the resting I have seen on YT by experienced and reliable reviewers.
    How many of the experienced reviewers were sponsored by federal though?

Quote Originally Posted by 105gunner View Post

I accept the FBI 12 to 18 inch penetration finding. However, I do not dismiss expansion. I want good penetration and good expansion in my SD round. The Winchester round had deeper penetration but less expansion, and the HST was the opposite. But I do believe that a bigger hole in the perp is a specific advantage if the round gets into that 12 inches distance. So it is HST for me.
    I saw a lot of complaints regarding Winchesters quality control when it comes to their ammo in the comments. I know white box is compete garbage but it's priced accordingly.

(Washington County)

I'm conflicted when it comes to this guy. He has a video where he praises the Lehigh phillips tips (extreme defender or extreme penetrator, I forget which) in .380, which everyone swears are snake oil. I'm sure somebody's full of shit, but I haven't decided who.

On the surface, he seems like an intelligent dude, and his testing methods appear legit.
    Last edited by marinville; May 13th, 2019 at 04:29 PM.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    That Winchester is freaking expensive too, at a $ plus a round if you can even find it.
    My Walmart has it & while I may be wrong - I think I scored it for $18/box of 20
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I'm conflicted when it comes to this guy. He has a video where he praises the Lehigh phillips tips (extreme defender or extreme penetrator, I forget which) in .380, which everyone swears are snake oil. I'm sure somebody's full of shit, but I haven't decided who.

On the surface, he seems like an intelligent dude, and his testing methods appear legit.
    Who ever claims they are "snake oil" is gravely mistaken especially in calibers like .380 where HP tends to fall short and ball doesn't do enough damage. MAC has a video where he took a wild hog with a 9mm from Leigh Defense it it did massive damage without over penetrating.

This guy follows all the same protocols and specs that the FBI as well as professional ballistic guy's do who work for the manufactures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast